Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

account log in

Solved!

account log in

I can log into my spotify account on my computer but my password will not let me log into my spotify app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I actually just tried logging in with the riduculously long list of letters and #s Spotify calls my username in my account (got it on my profile on this site) and it actually logged me in.  I have not been kicked out and it's been like 2 minutes.  I only hope I don't have to log in every time with that username because I will have to look it up every time.  Try it and good luck everyone!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi hkncsgnrs,

Don't use the pc app to recover your username. Just go Spotify in your internetbrowser and log in. Then under account you can find your weird username and use that name to log in on your other devices.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Having the same problem here.

Hey @marcovie @lslouthen! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Hi Nico,

That doesn't help. Logging in on my pc is no problem. But on my Android it keeps saying unknown username or password.

Same Problem since two hours. Suddenly my Desktop-Program and my Android logged off. Ich can still login on the browser, but the rest tells me I got the wrong username / password (Code: 3).

What should I do?

I have exactly the same problem. i have tried everything but i still haven't secceeded

Same here, I'm able to login on my laptop but not able to use the Android app, I get a message saying my username or password are incorrect, I reinstalled the app and same thing, I did a password reset but same problem. 

I have been having the same exact problem.  The app logged me off earlier today and I tried logging in (with just username and password, email and password, changed password 2x, reinstalled app, restarted phone...) I can log in on the internet but not on the app on my android or on my Mac!  It just says "Username or password is incorrect error code: 3."  Occasionally it will log me in for like one second then bump me back to login. 

Marked as solution

I actually just tried logging in with the riduculously long list of letters and #s Spotify calls my username in my account (got it on my profile on this site) and it actually logged me in.  I have not been kicked out and it's been like 2 minutes.  I only hope I don't have to log in every time with that username because I will have to look it up every time.  Try it and good luck everyone!

Yeah! It worked for me too...for now. But my last Playlist I did today is gone.
Sad, but better than nothing.

Thanks!! Iยดll let you know if Iยดm logged off again...hahahaha!

how did you do it. can you tell me again how you did it

how did you do it. can you tell me again how you did it. sorry

In my account, below Account Overview and then below Profile, there is a long username made up of letters and #s.  I used that (instead of my email) with my password to log in and it worked.

I have the same problem (error code 3). Couple hours ago i deleted the cache of spotify android app through spotify's own settings. After that i needed to log in. But i couldn't. It says wrong username or password. So i changed my password but still i couldn't log in. Then i tried uninstalling and installing the app, still same error. At last resort i tried my pc app to log in. Again icouldn't and it says error code 3. For all the time i can sign in in browser like now. 

Marked as solution

Hi hkncsgnrs,

Don't use the pc app to recover your username. Just go Spotify in your internetbrowser and log in. Then under account you can find your weird username and use that name to log in on your other devices.

Dankje

I have logged in to my account with using my username that i chose in the begining.

Bitte, you're welcome, de rien, y de nada! 

I read that some people were able to log in using just their username, as in the first half of their email before the @ symbol. Is that what you mean? I tried but it unfortunately didn't work for me. I'm glad you were successful! 

Hi carpsm1,

I didn't use first half of my mail address. I just logged in with my username. that appears as "username" when you log in to your spotify account in internet browser. And for me, it was the username that i put when i registered to spotify.

Suggested posts