Free

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

When my phone was reset I had to log in to m Spotify account. However, when I tried, it said that I have been abroad for more than 14 days. This is untrue because I hadnt left the country recently so I dont understand why it shows me this. I even tried the solutions and went to change my country settings. But it was already set to the country I am living in. Can this be solved otherwise or do I have to create a new account (which would be rather inconvenient by the way)?

7 Replies

Hi There

Have you tried the instructions in this link?

Let me know if it helps! 

If you decide to create a new account, it isnt of much hassle as spotify can help to transfer all your playlists and settings to new account!

hey,

yeah i have, but it doesnt work.

Hey @nitimag_22,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties logging in to your account. Let's see if we can get this resolved together!

First off, it would be great if you could do a quick reinstall of the app to ensure you've got the most updated version. Also, try switching to a different network and make sure you're not using VPN.

If that doesn't do the trick, check if it's possible to use the Web Player

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

i tried reinstalling multiple times, but it still says the same thing.
wldnt the web player be inconvenient if its for my phone?

Hi @nitimag_22,

Thanks for confirming! 

After trying the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps out, we'd advise you to check if you have got more than one account. This could also be causing confusion, if it is the case. 

If you have only this account and continue to receive the error message, could you send us a screenshot?

Also, have you tried logging on another device to see what happens? 

Thanks in advance!

PetyaModerator

i created a new account after this problem

my laptop is alr logged in and has no prob

Hey @nitimag_22,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Glad to hear using the new account works good for you.

Here's how to transfer your playlists to your new account. After that you can simply close your old account.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you at the moment 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts