Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

accounts being leaked

accounts being leaked

WHERES TWO STEP AUTHENTICATION???

my account got hacked two time in less than 5 months, why is that spotify spam me with messages about me not paying for the service but when people login into my account from all over the world nothing happens?????? why people only need your login and password to change the email of your account??????? this is madness, the security here is a clear problem

had to cancel my credit card and change all my passwords for all my accounts because of this, got my paypal and ubisoft account robbed (got it all back in the end) but please guys you have to tell us when accounts get leaked this is getting ridiculous im about to just delete my spotify account. He only got into accounts that had the same email and password as my spotify account and only after he started login in my spotify account for the first time this means the spotify account was the first one to be breached otherwise he would have logged into alot of other of my accounts.

All of this could end if we had two step authentication, because even tho i changed my password for the first time somehow the guy discovered it again, ig you search on google for spotify leaked accounts they sometimes talk about 10k+ accounts... seriously whats going on???

1 Reply

Hello @bernardiparente,

Thanks for bringing your concerns to the Community. We’re sorry to hear this and appreciate you flagging it with us.

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security team is ever vigilant to keep them safe for you.

We can see how a 2-factor-authentication would be useful! You can add your +VOTE for the official idea here to show your support. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

In the meantime you should make sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you.

We hope you continue enjoying Spotify!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts