Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

accounts didn't merge entirely

accounts didn't merge entirely

Hello there!

I have a premium account that I didn't create with Facebook, for personal use (just 1 follower). I also have an account I use via Facebook, where I have public playlists and a couple of followers. These two acounts are linked to different e-mail addresses.

Now I wanted to merge both accounts, so I logged in to the premium account and clicked on the "connect to Facebook" button. Result: my account did connect to Facebook, but now there seem to be two Spotify-users with my name and face.

- One account is my premium account, which has my Facebook profile pic now. I can log in to it via username and password or via Facebook - I end up accessing the same account. That's alright, I knew that would happen. But no trace of my public playlists (that I created with my former just-Facebook account).

- The other account is my former Facebook-created account with the public playlists which I can't access anymore. I used to access it by clicking "log in with Facebook", but when I do that now, I log in to my other account (I just mentioned above). It's basically a ghost-account/user now.

How can I merge the content/followers of this ghost-account with my premium account after all?

Thank you! 🙂

- - -

Edit of 12 March 2016:

I wrote to Spotify's support and they fixed it for me in less than 48 hours, so I'm happy!

They deleted the "ghost user account". I did lose the couple of followers I had on that account that I had created via Facebook but they transferred its playlists to my other account. I only had one follower for those public playlists and it actually came with the playlists to my other account! (perhaps only because this user was also following my surviving user account - I can't really tell).

So my advise: write to Spotify support.

Take care!

1 Reply

Hey @soet, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Glad your issue was resolved 🙂

Suggested posts