Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

artists with the same name

Solved!

artists with the same name

I noticed there are some wrong tags with song and artist and more serious case is of artists with the same name.
For example, there are two "Jesse Johnson" and songs and albums of two are tagged one artist called "Jesse Johnson".

Another case, "Junior" has more numbers of the artists with the same and it is like caos in its list.

I suggest,like IMDB, Spotify system should have additional identification with the same name like Junior (I), Junior (II) etc.

And also Spotify system should have and button or link for users to report the wrong tags easily as Google's feedback on their search result page.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @lovemachine777. Welcome to the Community!

If you ever find metadata errors on Spotify you can use this form to report them:

https://docs.google.com/a/spotify.com/forms/d/1k1P-VCeO00ORiwFhFNKenAApvOB6hXmalgu6MG4BBoU/viewform

With this form you can report any of these metadata errors:

• Albums appearing on the wrong artist page
  • One single artist page holding content from two separate artists 
  • Albums incorrectly listed as singles (or singles incorrectly listed as albums)
  • Albums listed with the incorrect release year
  • Poorly cropped header images

Please keep in mind that fixing those issues is not exactly the core function at Spotify. They will be fixing those in their spare time, but they'll try to get to them as quickly as they can.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @lovemachine777. Welcome to the Community!

If you ever find metadata errors on Spotify you can use this form to report them:

https://docs.google.com/a/spotify.com/forms/d/1k1P-VCeO00ORiwFhFNKenAApvOB6hXmalgu6MG4BBoU/viewform

With this form you can report any of these metadata errors:

• Albums appearing on the wrong artist page
  • One single artist page holding content from two separate artists 
  • Albums incorrectly listed as singles (or singles incorrectly listed as albums)
  • Albums listed with the incorrect release year
  • Poorly cropped header images

Please keep in mind that fixing those issues is not exactly the core function at Spotify. They will be fixing those in their spare time, but they'll try to get to them as quickly as they can.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not the stakeholder of those contents and the number of the issues to report are far too many.

I was surprised that even the page of the legendary "Gap Band" contains another "gap band" from Iran!

I reckon you have QA engineers to check those kind of issues or is it all dependent on customers' feedback for free?

By the way this one should be changed to the second line to cover the case with "Junior" I mentioned.

• >One single artist page holding content from two separate artists
  • One single artist page holding content from two or more separate artists

Suggested posts