Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

bands with the same name

bands with the same name

i've been trying to contact spotify about a problem on 2 of my albums listing. there's a lot of new bands called "neon" and i can't promote a direct link to my discography because it's a huge mess.

this is the link to all the Neon bands: Neon

but, in fact most of those releases are from different bands. the albums Neon – a:tsizem and Neon – Eye: Scream (that it's not Eye: Scream but eye:scream) are the only 2 releases from the older and same band.

how can i display only Neon – a:tsizem and Neon – Eye: Scream in a correct and individual Neon discography?

recently i noticed that most bands with the same name are not wrongly organized as all the Neon bands. check this Savages and this Savages - even with the same band names they are not displayed as a huge mess like Neon. how can i fix this? i'd like to let my label release more of my old works but i decided to avoid to let them do it because i really don't like the way spotify joins everything with the same title.

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I think you are experiencing one of the most annoying issues with the current Spotify, in which the client is not able to seperate artists who have the same name, as outlined on this ideas topic

I would suggest you get in touch with artist services using the form on the artists pages and see if there is anything they can do for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i already contacted my label, they didn't find any way to fix it. i also contacted a few days ago that artists page but i didn't receive any reply. that's why i decided to try to find help here on forum, since i already found a few cases of bands with the same name with separated discographies. i'd really like to see this problem fixed.

Do you have a case number from when you got in touch with artist services? If so post it here and I will ask the community staff to poke the artist services people for you 😛 

Peter

Peter

that's funny. i don't remember to receive any case number or confirmation email of my contact. should i have received it?

well... to test it i just sent another message through the artists page and i didn't receive any confirmation or case number. maybe i only receive it when i get one reply.

Strange, maybe you don't get an automated reply from artist services!

Anyways, if you don't hear anything back in the next few days give us a shout here and I will ask someone to look into it for you. 

Peter

Peter

I've contacted Spotify about the same issue with the band name Gloria.

There is a Swedish band called Gloria, but there are apparently a lot of other albums that use Gloria as the artist name as well. It sort of creates a mess on the Gloria artist page. I've found Spotify's support to not be that great. I've suggested they add more music (especially from Sweden—I love Swedish music), and they've told me to go to the labels and ask. I'm a paying customer. There must be a mechanism for song requests for any type of service like this that doesn't result in me being told to find the label of the music I"m trying to listen to. With this other issue about the band name Gloria, they told me it would take days to fix it, but it's been a month. Not that it's terribly pressing, just a bit sloppy, and I somehow get Facebook updates for any band associated with Gloria now.

In terms of multiple bands being on the same artist page, there's not a great deal we can do to fix them right now. More than anything it's worth adding Kudos to the ideas thread about it, as Peter mentioned. From that thread, here's what our developers had to say:

We have passed this idea internally and the right team is considering it and thinking on the best way to display it. Check out this thread for next updates. Thanks for the feedback, we really love this and know how important is to listen what you all want.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

@Adam wrote:

In terms of multiple bands being on the same artist page, there's not a great deal we can do to fix them right now. More than anything it's worth adding Kudos to the ideas thread about it, as Peter mentioned. From that thread, here's what our developers had to say:

We have passed this idea internally and the right team is considering it and thinking on the best way to display it. Check out this thread for next updates. Thanks for the feedback, we really love this and know how important is to listen what you all want.

Don't raise the poster's hopes too much. The idea you quoted was created in May 2012 and the response you quoted came in October 2012, so the idea obviously has a very very low priority (like the majority of top ideas).

Suggested posts