Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Fake messages on payment

Does anybody get these fake messages as well? They state that the payment did not come clean and they are sorry that I will leave Spotify, then a strange link you shall click on. I never click them. Since I can see that everything is on order on the ...

• Music Fan
  • Does anybody get these fake messages as well? They state that the payment did not come clean and they are sorry that I will leave Spotify, then a strange link you shall click on. I never click them. ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription- payments

Hi I pay month by Direct Debit on the 14th of each month there abouts. I've realised today that the payment has'nt left my account today and it's saying i'm on free spotify and to upgrade! nothing has changed so why have my payments stopped?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I pay month by Direct Debit on the 14th of each month there abouts. I've realised today that the payment has'nt left my account today and it's saying i'm on free spotify and to upgrade! nothing ha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Account hacked

Hello,Someone hacked my account this morning. First they highjacked while I was listenting under the name "Liam Reeve's iPad". I email'd tech support and they told me to reset my password, which I did. Now the hacker has cancelled my subsrcipion and ...

• Hello, Someone hacked my account this morning. First they highjacked while I was listenting under the name "Liam Reeve's iPad". I email'd tech support and they told me to reset my password, which I ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Got a phishing mail from "Spotify"..

Got a mail from (false) "accountsupdate@spotify.com" Tråkigt att du lämnar ossVi kunde inte behandla din betalning och har därför pausat prenumerationen tillfälligt.Nu kommer reklam spelas upp och du kan inte lyssna på dina favoritlåtar offline längr...

• Got a mail from (false) "accountsupdate@spotify.com"   Tråkigt att du lämnar oss Vi kunde inte behandla din betalning och har därför pausat prenumerationen tillfälligt. Nu kommer reklam sp...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot cancel Spotify Premium

When I try to cancel the subscription for my fathers account (he doesn't want it anymore). On the last step of the cancel I get this: This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://www.spotify.com/nl/account/cancel/cancel-without-reauth/might be te...

• When I try to cancel the subscription for my fathers account (he doesn't want it anymore).   On the last step of the cancel I get this:   This site can’t be reached The webpage at http...
  • ufoneq
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with notifications feature

Hi! The notifications feature on my Spotify account is not working. My settings indicate that it should be working, but for some annoying reason it's not, and it hasn't been for a while (maybe 3 weeks - 1 month) - please help me. I'm using a Macbook ...

• Hi!    The notifications feature on my Spotify account is not working. My settings indicate that it should be working, but for some annoying reason it's not, and it hasn't been for a...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Invalid email

I have an account under the name of Tiegsy10 which I pay premium for every month. I want to add in my student discount but I can't log in as I don't remember the password and the email has become no longer of use so I can't access the change password...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an account under the name of Tiegsy10 which I pay premium for every month. I want to add in my student discount but I can't log in as I don't remember the password and the email has become no ...
  • hy4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Student Premium Payment method Problem

Hello,I want to subscribe as a premium student on spotify. Since Im from Germany and i don't have a credit Card , i am forced to pay with klarna. I registered on klarna but i can't confirm the formular on spotify , it always tells me that there has b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I want to subscribe as a premium student on spotify. Since Im from Germany and i don't have a credit Card , i am forced to pay with klarna. I registered on klarna but i can't confirm the form...
  • Julez45
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Payment Method Error

Hi there friends, I updated my new VISA card in PayPal and Spotify interfaces but there is a problem when I want link it. It is the same issue if I choose PayPal or VISA card payment methods. I want to keep alive my PREMIUM subscription! Kindly regar...

spotify_error.png
  • Regular
  • Hi there friends,    I updated my new VISA card in PayPal and Spotify interfaces but there is a problem when I want link it. It is the same issue if I choose PayPal or VISA card...
  • Vilma75
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

my account

I had subscribed for the free 30 day premium, I tried cancelling from my iphone the day it expired and spotify wuld not give me a confirmation. It only took me to tha page that asked why I wanted to cancel. Finally a few days later when I tried again...

• Casual Listener
  • I had subscribed for the free 30 day premium, I tried cancelling from my iphone the day it expired and spotify wuld not give me a confirmation. It only took me to tha page that asked why I wanted to ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont let me log in

I can't log into the spotify player on my phone or on my computer. I can log into the website to check my account but I cannot log into the player to listen to music. I do not use facebook so I am just logging in with my email. I signed up for premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't log into the spotify player on my phone or on my computer.  I can log into the website to check my account but I cannot log into the player to listen to music.  I do not use faceboo...
  • goshenambulance
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Discounts for Students

Hello, I have been paying $10 per month while I have been a student in college and I would like to change that to pay $5 per month instead. When I go to show that I am a college student (give my name, University name, and DOB) it keeps telling me tha...

• Hello, I have been paying $10 per month while I have been a student in college and I would like to change that to pay $5 per month instead. When I go to show that I am a college student (give my name...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Spotify for Rm2.00

Hi there , i saw the premium spotify offer rm2.00 for 3 months . Recently i already subscribed but now within one month they send me an email told that my premium account is stopped and changed to free account because they cant recieve the payment . ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there , i saw the premium spotify offer rm2.00 for 3 months . Recently i already subscribed but now within one month they send me an email told that my premium account is stopped and changed to fr...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Public Playlist Helpppp

I logged into a friend's account for the first time to help him put together some playlists. The local music option was click in and it read all of my Itunes playlists (all of them!). I unchecked the option and deleted the playlists, and only had the...

• I logged into a friend's account for the first time to help him put together some playlists. The local music option was click in and it read all of my Itunes playlists (all of them!). I unchecked the...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion: Allow Subscriptions to be paid via notification, not automatically

Hi Spotify Community and Admins, I am and have been an avid user of Spotify for the past several months. After the automatic charge today overdrafted my debit card, I am being forced to go on a spotify hiatus for a while due to the overdraft fee. I'm...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify Community and Admins,   I am and have been an avid user of Spotify for the past several months. After the automatic charge today overdrafted my debit card, I am being forced to go o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Subscription - failed payment and giftcard

Hello, I have encountered the following problem: recently, I tried to renew my subscription by using the option of single payment, directly from bank account. Unfortunately, this option has dissapeared somehow within the last month (I tried to pay fr...

• Hello,   I have encountered the following problem: recently, I tried to renew my subscription by using the option of single payment, directly from bank account. Unfortunately, this option has ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account question

Hello guys, i just want to add 1 account to my spotify but i want to add it today, my due date is every 1st, should i wait till my due date to add that person? or can i added it today and im going to get a partial charge on my due date? or how does i...

• Hello guys, i just want to add 1 account to my spotify but i want to add it today, my due date is every 1st, should i wait till my due date to add that person? or can i added it today and im going to...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify app on second device

I have spotify premium and use it with iPhone app. My husband has android phone and installed the app and I tried to log in to that with my spotify account so that we can use his phone too to listen to music, but this doesn't work. Am I not allowed t...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and use it with iPhone app. My husband has android phone and installed the app and I tried to log in to that with my spotify account so that we can use his phone too to listen ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

cant log in (living on border)

Hello, I'm Ursy and recently I have discovered I am no longer able to log into spotify (or atleast for most of the week).You see when I try to log in i am told i am no longer in my own country, and this is true if it were not for my odd living situat...

• Hello, I'm Ursy and recently I have discovered I am no longer able to log into spotify (or atleast for most of the week). You see when I try to log in i am told i am no longer in my own country, and...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer fido subscription

Hi,I has used premium spotify from a fido promotion that I registered on my Facebook account. I deleted that Facebook account and created a new one. How can I transfer my 2 years of premium to the new Facebook that is my new account? I called to fido...

• Hi, I has used premium spotify from a fido promotion that I registered on my Facebook account. I deleted that Facebook account and created a new one. How can I transfer my 2 years of premium to the ...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes