Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • twiggypopclaudia
  • Visitor
  • 69 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 69 replies
  • 10 likes

No Confirmation Email

I cannot log in due to the fact that I have not received a conformation email. I can use spotify on my phone just fine, but cannot log into my computer throught the same account because of an error that says I havent confirmed my account.

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot log in due to the fact that I have not received a conformation email. I can use spotify on my phone just fine, but cannot log into my computer throught the same account because of an error t...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify "forgets" payment details

Hello, I have been using Spotify for a long time... but what annoys me is that about once per year I get a message (in the app and via e-mail) that my payment for Spotify Premium has failed. And I have used the same credit card details since day 1......

• Hello,   I have been using Spotify for a long time... but what annoys me is that about once per year I get a message (in the app and via e-mail) that my payment for Spotify Premium has failed....
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

not accepting payment

Hi, Im trying to pay for premium Spotify and am getting the following error message: “Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.” Ive tried:Paying on...

• Hi,   Im trying to pay for premium Spotify and am getting the following error message:   “Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been c...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to open Spotify

I download Spotify on to my Samsung S5. I am unable to open it. I setup my account but now it won't open. No error message neither. Please help!

• I download Spotify on to my Samsung S5. I am unable to open it. I setup my account but now it won't open. No error message neither. Please help!
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spinning Wheel on Payment Page

Hello all- When I go to sign up for Spotify premium, I get to the page where you enter in your credit card, and the page won't load. There is just a spinning wheel that spins forever. I tried clearing my cookies and my cache and it did not work. I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all-   When I go to sign up for Spotify premium, I get to the page where you enter in your credit card, and the page won't load. There is just a spinning wheel that spins forever. I trie...
  • charleso121
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't link an account to Facebook

Hi,I have two accounts, when I try to share a song by Facebook with account A I have an error "this account is already link to another" so I go to account B for unlink Facebook but I receive an error during the unlink operationsCan we help me? How I ...

• Hi, I have two accounts, when I try to share a song by Facebook with account A I have an error "this account is already link to another" so I go to account B for unlink Facebook but I receive an e...
  • ryanmedia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Payment failed

I get this message every month I think, and I supply the same payment details every time. Why does it keep complaining?

• Casual Listener
  • I get this message every month I think, and I supply the same payment details every time. Why does it keep complaining? 
  • ryanmedia
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Country

I have moved to South Africa and I am unable to select it as my country from the country selector in my account profile. In fact, I can't select or input any country besides USA. I cannot use Spotify until the auto detected country and the account pr...

• I have moved to South Africa and I am unable to select it as my country from the country selector in my account profile. In fact, I can't select or input any country besides USA. I cannot use Spotify...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 50% off for a student premium spotify

I just saw the add of 50% for a student subscription which made me decide to get premium however I'm a student in Highschool, not college and obviously it can't indetify me since I don't go to college...Is there any way to prove my identity that I'm ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just saw the add of 50% for a student subscription which made me decide to get premium however I'm a student in Highschool, not college and obviously it can't indetify me since I don't go to colleg...
  • ArtyRykoff
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled subscription, button for cancelling now gone, side still says subscription will renew

I cancelled my subscription for premium (100% sure, got confirmation and could not use premium anymore). For some reason now i have access to premium again without renewing it manually. The button for cancelling the subscription is gone now(!), but t...

• I cancelled my subscription for premium (100% sure, got confirmation and could not use premium anymore). For some reason now i have access to premium again without renewing it manually. The button fo...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently made a new account with Premium UNDER the same email as my Spotify Free account

Recently I subscribed to Spotify Premium by logging in using my Facebook account through my phone while I was at work (forgot that I had registered with a username for home instead of through Facebook). However, both my FB and home account uses the s...

• Recently I subscribed to Spotify Premium by logging in using my Facebook account through my phone while I was at work (forgot that I had registered with a username for home instead of through Faceboo...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cancelled my premium a few days prior to its deadline. Got charged again last night

I subscribe to the 0.99 for 3 months promotion on December 29th 2015 and two days before it was suppose to charge me again on the 29th of March 2016, i cancelled my premium subscription. To my confusion, i discovered i was charged 0.99 accordingly la...

• Casual Listener
  • I subscribe to the 0.99 for 3 months promotion on December 29th 2015 and two days before it was suppose to charge me again on the 29th of March 2016, i cancelled my premium subscription.   To ...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BEING CHARGED BUT NOT ON PREMIUM

I am being charged monthly but it has only let me use the free service it is asking me to try a free month again. Whats up with this. Not happy.

• I am being charged monthly but it has only let me use the free service it is asking me to try a free month again.   Whats up with this.   Not happy.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

9 pesos premium subscription

I saw this ad yesterday in facebook. That for only 9 pesos I will be able to get 3 month premium subscription. So I tried. Then today, I'm trying to purchase something from the play store that shocked me cause I know I have enough balance but all of ...

• I saw this ad yesterday in facebook. That for only 9 pesos I will be able to get 3 month premium subscription. So I tried. Then today, I'm trying to purchase something from the play store that shocke...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancel my Premium Trial

I need to cancel the premium trial because Spotify is not giving me what I am looking for.

• I need to cancel the premium trial because Spotify is not giving me what I am looking for.
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sportify premium with fido stopped

For some reason my spotify premium which came with my fido pulse stopped. the two years i was supposed to get hasn't passed and i'm wondering how I got downgraded with no intervention from me or anyone else. I was able to use premium yesterday

• For some reason my spotify premium which came with my fido pulse stopped.   the two years i was supposed to get hasn't passed and i'm wondering how I got downgraded with no intervention from m...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify thinks Im abroad

Just got back from a vacation from Hongkong and when i tried to open my spotify account here in the Philippines (where I lived) , it was logged out and i cant open it plus it kept saying that i could only use spotify abroad for 14 days.

• Just got back from a vacation from Hongkong and when i tried to open my spotify account here in the Philippines (where I lived) , it was logged out and i cant open it plus it kept saying that i could...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Need clarity regarding upgrades/etc

I signed up for the student aqddition. It debited the amount of my checking account and placed me on a free trial. I have emailed Spotify regarding this and have not had any response (it has been over a week now). My question is.....1.) Am I paying f...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the student aqddition. It debited the amount of my checking account and placed me on a free trial. I have emailed Spotify regarding this and have not had any response (it has been ove...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student discount

So I already have a premium account and didn't realise you can have student discount. I don't understand how I just update my current monthly plan by applying the discount as UNIDAYS doesn't give me a discount code. Everytime I click 'redeem' it take...

• So I already have a premium account and didn't realise you can have student discount. I don't understand how I just update my current monthly plan by applying the discount as UNIDAYS doesn't give me ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No option to add music to my playlist.

Right i seem to be having an issue, and don't see where to find the help to sort it out. I have recently moved my playlist over to my boyfriends spotify account, i can listen to it fine, but when ever i try and add new music to my playlist there is n...

• Right i seem to be having an issue, and don't see where to find the help to sort it out.   I have recently moved my playlist over to my boyfriends spotify account,   i can listen t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes