Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • GollyGoshGale
  • Casual Listener
  • 948 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 948 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

[Android][Connect] Account Leak

Recently I noticed my Spotify is being played on various devices that I never seen before. Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't have location history nor the two step authentication. That leaves me with mysterious of who are those people using my account. ...

• Visitor
  • Recently I noticed my Spotify is being played on various devices that I never seen before. Unfortunately, Spotify doesn't have location history nor the two step authentication. That leaves me with my...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

uri's???

so i wanted to upload a playlist to playlist exchange but the uri keeps coming up as invalid. I read that you should try putting your username in first so tried that but it still didn't work. i then read that if your user name has a fullstop in it yo...

• Casual Listener
  • so i wanted to upload a playlist to playlist exchange but the uri keeps coming up as invalid. I read that you should try putting your username in first so tried that but it still didn't work. &...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

charged twice this month, now a message in my account saying my payment has failed

On the Premium Family plan - always been charged once per month since I started - this month, 2 charges and a message in my account saying payments have failed and I should add a payment method. Is there an official contact for spotify payments probl...

• On the Premium Family plan - always been charged once per month since I started - this month, 2 charges and a message in my account saying payments have failed and I should add a payment method. &nb...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Quality of Sound

Hi, I'm a new user of Spotify, today I have fews question which confuse me so much. I normally play my songs on Walkman app ( M4A, Flac and Mp3 format) with Wired headphone and Bluetooth devicesHere's my issue i) Why your 320 kbps sound bit rate on S...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm a new user of Spotify, today I have fews question which confuse me so much. I normally play my songs on Walkman app ( M4A, Flac and Mp3 format) with Wired headphone and Bluetooth devices Her...
  • cansno
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Google Mini Offer

PlanFamily PlanCountryUSA My Question or IssueWrong address was placed through the Google Store for the Google Home Mini offer. I am unsure how it happen. I contacted Google and they referred m to the Spotify help. Frankly I don't feel this is very h...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Plan Country USA   My Question or Issue Wrong address was placed through the Google Store for the Google Home Mini offer.  I am unsure how it happen. I contacted G...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error while claiming 6 months free premium from Xbox

Hello, I have just been given a gift from Xbox game pass which includes free 6 months of premium for Spotify. I have a brand new Spotify account and it is saying this offer is not eligible for you. Is this a common error and any way to fix?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I have just been given a gift from Xbox game pass which includes free 6 months of premium for Spotify. I have a brand new Spotify account and it is saying this offer is not eligible f...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline access denied but no devices are offline

PlanPremiumCountrySouth Africa (ZA)Device(Macbook Air 2015(ish), iPhone 7)Operating System(MacOS 10.14.6, iOS.) My Question or IssueI was / am unable to download music on Spotify on my MacBook Air. In trying to fix this issue I went to my account set...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country South Africa (ZA) Device (Macbook Air 2015(ish), iPhone 7) Operating System (MacOS 10.14.6, iOS.)   My Question or Issue I was / am unable to download music on Spo...
  • rossdamusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends dissapearing from activity

Hello, i just started up my spotify again, but suddenly around 18 of my friends just dissapeared from the activity feed even though they were all there just a few hours ago. Anyone know whats up? It's a shame because it's a good way of discovering ne...

• Hello, i just started up my spotify again, but suddenly around 18 of my friends just dissapeared from the activity feed even though they were all there just a few hours ago. Anyone know whats up? It'...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I closed my old Spotify account. Will my old community account get closed too ?

Hi,The title says it all.The thing is that I can't access my old community account since my old Spotify got closed and because of that I can't close my old community account myself.My old account name is "Lantha" (without the underscore at the end)Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, The title says it all. The thing is that I can't access my old community account since my old Spotify got closed and because of that I can't close my old community account myself. My old accou...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to know who is using my account

There's someone using my account, because I can see recently played tracks I haven't listened to. How can I check the login register, to check where do they connect from and try to understand what's going on?Thanks.

• Visitor
  • There's someone using my account, because I can see recently played tracks I haven't listened to. How can I check the login register, to check where do they connect from and try to understand what's ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

setting spotify NOT to open when i turn on my device

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone 8, , Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System ios, windows 11 pro how do you keep spotify from auto logging on?. i turned off the auto log on feature in the advance settings but the damm thing still keeps logging on...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 8,  , Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System ios, windows 11 pro   how do you keep spotify from auto logging on?. i turned off the au...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to change display name?

When i signed up, I chose a display name.But when i upgraded to premium, my display name became a bunch of random numbers and alp[habets.How can i restore my original display name?

• Casual Listener
  • When i signed up, I chose a display name. But when i upgraded to premium, my display name became a bunch of random numbers and alp[habets. How can i restore my original display name?
  • TehWX
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played artists not updating

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Service pack 1Free account: Accessed through 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e Seems no matter how many tracks I play during a session, my “recently played artists” only updates the last artist in the list, rather than shifting the...

• Visitor
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Service pack 1 Free account: Accessed through 1.1.9.383.g9f48828e   Seems no matter how many tracks I play during a session, my “recently played artists” only...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Free
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played artists not loading or updating

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro 2018)Operating System(iOS 10, etc.) My Question or IssueMy recently played artist is not loading or updating, it appears but will not update to the played artists I have a already listened to. I have ...

•   Plan Premium Country US   Device (iPhone 8, Macbook Pro 2018) Operating System (iOS 10, etc.)   My Question or Issue My recently played artist is not loading or updating,...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

I cant disconnect Facebook

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePC , AndroidOperating SystemAndroid and Windows 10 My Question or IssueI cant disconnect from facebook account. I actually want to change my username but I think im still connected with facebook so i cant change it. Can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC , Android Operating System Android and Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cant disconnect from facebook account. I actually want to change my use...
  • BartogGM
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sorry, we couldn't load friends to follow error

My Question or IssueSo I had a regular Spotify account that was originally just linked to my email and I recently got Facebook and wanted to link them up so I followed the instructions on here to link it up using my phone. Facebook said it was connec...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue So I had a regular Spotify account that was originally just linked to my email and I recently got Facebook and wanted to link them up so I followed the instructions on here&nbsp...
  • ethieona02
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook login to normal email login

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDeviceN/AOperating SystemN/A My Question or IssueHi guys and girls, I'm finding mostly outdated posts from 2012 - 2015 on this and I'm not sure if anything changed since, so apologies if such topic already exists.My question...

• Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device N/A Operating System N/A   My Question or Issue Hi guys and girls,   I'm finding mostly outdated posts from 2012 - 2015 on this and I'm not ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"You can’t join your own plan!"

Plan - Premium DuoCountry - BrazilMy Question or IssueWhen I send the link (from my HP Notebook) to my wife's whatsapp with the invitation to her joining my Premium Duo Plan and she clicks the link the answer is:"You’re already subscribed to Premium ...

• Plan - Premium Duo Country - Brazil My Question or Issue When I send the link (from my HP Notebook) to my wife's whatsapp with the invitation to her joining my Premium Duo Plan and she c...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists' followers are set to 0

When I go in my library -> artist and select one from the list, I enter in a page where is written the correct number of followers and the list of tracks/albums I "liked". But if I select the menu (upper-right corner) from that page, go to "Artist's ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go in my library -> artist and select one from the list, I enter in a page where is written the correct number of followers and the list of tracks/albums I "liked". But if I select the...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Account Messed Up

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHi, I am a college student and I was on the student discount. I looked at my bank account one day and it said I was getting charged $14.99 for Spotify a mont...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hi, I am a college student and I was on the student discount. I looked at my bank...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes