Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Gift Card Issues

hi, I bought a €10 gift card to try Spotify Premium. Now, activating was very easy, until I found out I had activated it with the wrong account.. I have two accounts, and I was logged in with the old account while activating. Is there anything I can ...

• hi,  I bought a €10 gift card to try Spotify Premium.  Now, activating was very easy, until I found out I had activated it with the wrong account.. I have two accounts, and I was logg...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

On Spotify Premium and still hearing adverts!

Hello, I am hoping for some help- I subscribed to Premium a couple of months ago but my laptop wasnt very good so hardly used it. Just got a new one and started using Spotify properly, only I am getting adverts every few songs and I thought that shou...

• Hello,   I am hoping for some help- I subscribed to Premium a couple of months ago but my laptop wasnt very good so hardly used it. Just got a new one and started using Spotify properly...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the payment for Premium.

Hi there, I have a spotify account not connected with facebook. Currently I stay in Germany and tried to pay for my Premium membership with a polish card. I have changed the country to Poland here: https://www.spotify.com/pl/get-spotify/go/premium/ ....

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I have a spotify account not connected with facebook. Currently I stay in Germany and tried to pay for my Premium membership with a polish card. I have changed the country to Pol...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! How do I get back on my original Spotify Account (from facebook sync)?

When I first signed up for spotify, I synced my account with my facebook and so basically my email account on spotify would automatically link me to my facebook account. The playlists I had with that email account (let's call it xyz@yahoo.com <-- I d...

• When I first signed up for spotify, I synced my account with my facebook and so basically my email account on spotify would automatically link me to my facebook account. The playlists I had with that...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account linked with other/wrong facebook account

My account is linked with the wrong facebook account. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting and entering my info, but it still shows a friend's facebook name. How do I go about fixing this?

• Casual Listener
  • My account is linked with the wrong facebook account. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting and entering my info, but it still shows a friend's facebook name.   How do I go about fixin...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my playlists are gone

I was listening to my playlists yesterday and when I went to go listen later that day, all of my playlists were gone. My email is brombese@gmail.com, I'm a premium member and I REALLY miss my music I haven't deleted any of them and I've tried logging...

• I was listening to my playlists yesterday and when I went to go listen later that day, all of my playlists were gone. My email is brombese@gmail.com, I'm a premium member and I REALLY miss my music �...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify-account for our sports team. Facebook: Admin rights, but no password

Hey together! I am using spotify for myself and usually log on via my own facebook-account. Now I'm also a DJ for our local sports team. They have got their own facebook page to post their stuff. I'd like to run another spotify account for this team,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey together!   I am using spotify for myself and usually log on via my own facebook-account. Now I'm also a DJ for our local sports team. They have got their own facebook page to post the...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying For Premium, Only Getting Free Service

I have been paying for premium service for the past few months and everything was fine until today when tried to install spotify onto macbook. Now I appear to have free service only. I don't use facebook to log in - I use username and password. Could...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been paying for premium service for the past few months and everything was fine until today when tried to install spotify onto macbook. Now I appear to have free service only. I don't use face...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in to Desktop Spotify

Hi, I have been using Spotify for a couple of months now, with some issues. About a week ago it wouldn't let me play any of my songs or playlists because I had run out of 'free plays' after searching the internet I came to the conclusion that I shoul...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I have been using Spotify for a couple of months now, with some issues. About a week ago it wouldn't let me play any of my songs or playlists because I had run out of 'free plays' after ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Dual Account

I have a UK and US account. Can I access my UK account if I sign up for Premium?

• I have a UK and US account. Can I access my UK account if I sign up for Premium?
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled subscription however was still charged!

Hi, I was on the premium 30 day trial on Spotify and cancelled my subscription the day before the trial ended as I do not intend to use Spotify premium anymore. However 2 days after the trial ended I was charged 11.99 AUD as if my trial had never bee...

• Hi,   I was on the premium 30 day trial on Spotify and cancelled my subscription the day before the trial ended as I do not intend to use Spotify premium anymore. However 2 days after the tr...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I enter gift card # during 30-day premium trial?

I just signed up for the 30-day premium trial today. I have a physical Spotify gift card($10) that I bought at Kroger grocery store. If I enter that gift card number into my account today, how will that affect the 30-day premium trial? Or should I ju...

• I just signed up for the 30-day premium trial today.   I have a physical Spotify gift card($10) that I bought at Kroger grocery store.   If I enter that gift card number into my acc...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactivated My Facebook - Lost My Spotify Premium Account

I want my Facebook account deactivated but now I can't use Spotify. I have a free trial right now but how will I get my Spotify Premium account back? I lost all my track lists and music I foun here. I also just paid on Aug 24th. Please help!

• I want my Facebook account deactivated but now I can't use Spotify. I have a free trial right now but how will I get my Spotify Premium account back? I lost all my track lists and music I foun here. ...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrading to Premium Movistar error invoice - Spain

Hi! Today I upgraded to Spotify Premium through Movistar (Spanish Mobile Operator ) but I just check my invoice from my account to see if I have cancelled correctly Spotify Unlimited and it appears a new Spotify Premium invoice without 40% discount. ...

• Hi!   Today I upgraded to Spotify Premium through Movistar  (Spanish Mobile Operator ) but I just check my invoice from my account to see if I have cancelled correctly Spotify Unlimited...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Raised My Monthly Subscription Cost with out Notification.

Spotify Raised My Monthly Subscription Cost with out notification.... I emailed them and they solution? Delete my account if I didn't like it. I laughed when I read it! - They said in the agreement they would contact me if any price change.. Why didn...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Raised My Monthly Subscription Cost with out notification.... I emailed them and they solution? Delete my account if I didn't like it.  I laughed when I read it!       - ...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Was charged for Premium but I cannot cancel because my subscription status shows free

I signed up for a trial. I was charged $9.99 for premium. Now I want to cancel. However, there is no way to cancel. My account shows that I have a free subscription. So, if I have a free subscription and I am being charged $9.99/month (one month only...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for a trial. I was charged $9.99 for premium. Now I want to cancel. However, there is no way to cancel. My account shows that I have a free subscription.   So, if I have a free s...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why my account isn't deleted ?

Hello I have sent a request with it : https://www.spotify.com/fr/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/, where I wrote (in French because I'm French) that I want to delete my account because I will recreate one other with a new email address (<> i...

• Visitor
  • Hello 🙂 I have sent a request with it : https://www.spotify.com/fr/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/, where I wrote (in French because I'm French) that I want to delete my account because ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Featured accounts

How is the selection of featured accounts in the follow tab made? Is there any form on the site where a people can apply for being his account featured like the VIP form?

• Community Legend
  • How is the selection of featured accounts in the follow tab made?   Is there any form on the site where a people can apply for being his account featured like the VIP form?    
  • krikelin
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Incorrect username and no picture

Hi, I've had spotify for a few months now and suddenly, my profile picture is missing (but still correct in the upper right corner) and my name has been changed from my name on facebook to the original username when I first joined spotify. I have tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've had spotify for a few months now and suddenly, my profile picture is missing (but still correct in the upper right corner) and my name has been changed from my name on facebook to the origin...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing Filtr "enter-country-here" from Discovery

Hello! I have unsubscribed from Filtr Finland a long time ago and still I get suggestions from bands I rather not even know about. Is there a way to get permanently rid of those suggestions? Thanks.

• Regular
  • Hello!   I have unsubscribed from Filtr Finland a long time ago and still I get suggestions from bands I rather not even know about. Is there a way to get permanently rid of those suggestion...
  • Jamie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes