Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • maryjane0_0
  • Visitor
  • 947 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 947 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Can’t access account

My Question or Issuei opened my Spotify app this morning to listen to music and it’s asking me to log in... I’ve done that and it’s telling me my username/email or password are incorrect. I tried to reset the password, clicked on the link from the em...

•     My Question or Issue i opened my Spotify app this morning to listen to music and it’s asking me to log in... I’ve done that and it’s telling me my username/email or password are inco...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked

I believe that someone has hacked my spotify account and has been using it a lot. I noticed that my music would suddenly just play off by itself on my mac and it wasn't even the kind of music that i listen to. There is also a bunch of playlists that ...

•    I believe that someone has hacked my spotify account and has been using it a lot. I noticed that my music would suddenly just play off by itself on my mac and it wasn't even the kind of...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disconnecting Facebook Woes

PlanFree/PremiumCountry UK DeviceAll My Question or Issue Hi, I clicked the option in settings to disconnect my facebook account which led to me not being able to log in. I've reset my password and logged in but I no longer have premium, it's like I ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  UK   Device All   My Question or Issue   Hi,   I clicked the option in settings to disconnect my facebook account which led to me not b...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Profile picture not updating

My profile picture is linked to my Facebook. It updates everywhere except on all of the players. So web player and on my phone's app it is not updating. How do I fix this?

• My profile picture is linked to my Facebook. It updates everywhere except on all of the players. So web player and on my phone's app it is not updating. How do I fix this?
  • davidcola
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shows facebook activity even though I removed facebook.

Hi, spotify shows me friends activity even though I removed spotify from my facebook account. How is this possible?How do I make it stop, that I dont show my activitiy to my friends and that they do not see my activity anymore? Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  spotify shows me friends activity even though I removed spotify from my facebook account.  How is this possible? How do I make it stop, that I dont show my activitiy to my...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Help me a solution :D

Hello,I get a lot of **bleep** emails.I'm really disagreeable.How can I prevent this?Please give me a solution Thanks!Quda

• Hello, I get a lot of **bleep** emails. I'm really disagreeable. How can I prevent this? Please give me a solution 🙂 Thanks! Quda      
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Account] Change Spotify Username or photo

Hello, when I created my spotify account they said that the mail (gmail) was already created. Since I was not sure that I had done this, I just reinitialized the password and I kept my account. Once in I see that i should have belonged to someone els...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, when I created my spotify account they said that the mail (gmail) was already created. Since I was not sure that I had done this, I just reinitialized the password and I kept my account. Once ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution sign out everywhere not working

PremiumCountry CanadaDeviceGoogle PixelOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue The 'sign out everywhere' button isn't working, I just get an error message (I'm trying on PC). My account is being accessed by an unrecognized device, I need to sign...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Country  Canada Device Google Pixel Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  The 'sign out everywhere' button isn't working, I just get an error messag...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Facebook Connect

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I can't connect Facebook with Spotify, the button inside of configuration, doesn't work, I tried everything, but I do not know what's wrong with this.Thanks for you...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  I can't connect Facebook with Spotify, the button inside of configuration, doe...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have really bad quality even though I have premium and use max quality.

Spoiler (Highlight to read) The headphones are not the problem, I tried them on a different audio source, they are fine. According to this link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bad-quality-of-the-sound/td-p/1545312/page/2 an admin could solve...

• Casual Listener
  •   The headphones are not the problem, I tried them on a different audio source, they are fine. According to this link https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Bad-quality-of-the-sound/td-p...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Charged Twice!

I recently changed my payment method for Premium and just seen that I was charged on both the old card and the card I switched too. Essentially getting billed twice.

• Casual Listener
  • I recently changed my payment method for Premium and just seen that I was charged on both the old card and the card I switched too. Essentially getting billed twice.  
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Strange Chrome Web Player changing my current song

PlanPremiumCountryPoland DeviceXiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Lenovo and ThinkPad LaptopsOperating SystemAndroid and Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy Question or IssueYesterday and today I've noticed that beside my laptop and phone devices connected to Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland  Device Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus, Lenovo and ThinkPad Laptops Operating System Android and Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Question or Issue Yesterd...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify in South Korea. Error: 17

PlanFreeCountry South KoreaDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Air late 2018)Operating System(iOS 10, ) My Question or IssueHello I am from SPain but studying abroad for 4 months in South Korea but when I tried to use my Spotify Account the following me...

•   Plan Free Country  South Korea Device (Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Air late 2018) Operating System (iOS 10, )   My Question or Issue Hello I am from SPain but studying ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Coupon of 30 € (= US$35) does not work

PlanFree (but want upgrade with my coupon)Country GermanyDeviceAll (Computer, iPhone)Operating System(Win 7, iOS 12) My Question or Issue I purchased a 30€ Spotify debit/coupon/fund card (these cards that need to get scratched to see the code) in a r...

• Plan Free (but want upgrade with my coupon) Country  Germany Device All (Computer, iPhone) Operating System (Win 7, iOS 12)   My Question or Issue   I purchased a 30€ Spotif...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't search my Spotify account

Hi there,I have set up a Spotify account, so that playlists can be pulled through to a website. This is all working okay, however I can't find the account when searching for it through Spotify. I've tried searching the public name, as well as the use...

• Casual Listener
  • ...I've tried searching the public name, as well as the username which is : mptmnnjxo1y13wnza6duqmtru Is there are reason I can't find this? Thanks,   Plan Free Country  UK D...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Disconnecting from facebook

Every day more and more people want to delete their facebook account, but it's not easy to turn your facebook-created account to a Spotify created account. As a premium subscriber on a family plan I would have to:a) Cancel my subscriptionb) Delete my...

• Casual Listener
  •   Every day more and more people want to delete their facebook account, but it's not easy to turn your facebook-created account to a Spotify created account.   As a premium subscriber on...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing email and password

PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDevice(Lenovo laptop)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue So I recently shut down my newest spotify account which used my current email. The spotify account that I use on a daily basis is connected to an ema...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Norway Device (Lenovo laptop) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  So I recently shut down my newest spotify account which used my...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook profile picture and name does not show after connecting to Facebook?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceDesktopOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I made a normal Spotify account some time ago and I finally decided to connect to Facebook but my new profile pic and name won't show up...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Desktop Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I made a normal Spotify account some time ago...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to enable "Show my current Top Artists" & problem with privacy of playlists

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy, Macbook ProOperating SystemiOS 9, Android, Windows 10, MacOS My Question or Issue1. Unable to enable (Settings>Social>) "Show my current Top Artists"automatically turns off after restart"Publish my activity...

• Visitor
  • ...rivate playlists don't show up on my profile as intended but I need to press "Make Secret" before I am able to make them public
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted Account Still Exist

Hi. I deleted my old profile and open a new with same e-mail. But when I search for my old account on spotify I can still see it. I can see the playlists and my profile picture too. I don't want to see my deleted profile in spotify. Can you help me ?...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I deleted my old profile and open a new with same e-mail. But when I search for my old account on spotify I can still see it. I can see the playlists and my profile picture too. I don't want to s...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes