Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Elena
  • 118 replies
  • 104 likes
  • Account
  • 118 replies
  • 104 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Pawtz
  • 57 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 57 replies
  • 8 likes

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following: Log out and back into your accountOccasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your d...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 4840 replies
  • 118 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 4840 replies
  • 118 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone storage occupation space for Android

I have a problem of storage in my phone(Nexus 5).The Spotify app "weighs" 5,42 GB and I wonder if there is a way that I can make It "slightest". I have already deleted the app's cache and all the downloads and now I only follow: 4 playlist, one hundr...

• I have a problem of storage in my phone(Nexus 5). The Spotify app "weighs" 5,42 GB and I wonder if there is a way that I can make It "slightest". I have already deleted the app's cache and all the d...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't make private playlist turn public on my profile

Hi, I have been researching but still can't manage to make some private playlists public and show them on my profile. I can't find the option of turning my playlist public on my Android phone. When I click on editing the playlist ( on the three dots)...

• Hi, I have been researching but still can't manage to make some private playlists public and show them on my profile.   I can't find the option of turning my playlist public on my Android pho...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked!!!!!

Hey! I noticed a few days ago that my playlists were away from my Spotify and thought they were just a bug or something. Then I noticed that when I logged in to Spotify's website with FB, there was a completely different email address than I have !!!...

• Hey! I noticed a few days ago that my playlists were away from my Spotify and thought they were just a bug or something. Then I noticed that when I logged in to Spotify's website with FB, there was a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Security
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Restore account

I deleted my account but I want it back, what can I do 

• I deleted my account but I want it back, what can I do 
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to log in

So I got logged out of my account when I was offline and when I try to sign back in it says I have to go online first. Switched my offline account back on & the same message keeps popping up.

• So I got logged out of my account when I was offline and when I try to sign back in it says I have to go online first. Switched my offline account back on & the same message keeps popping up.
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play multiple Speakers at the same time (same music)

I was wondering if it is possible to listen to the SAME music at the SAME time on multiple devices, as I have multiple speakers/amazon echos in my house and should be able to have them all play at the same time...Please include this feature urgently!

• I was wondering if it is possible to listen to the SAME music at the SAME time on multiple devices, as I have multiple speakers/amazon echos in my house and should be able to have them all play at th...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Changing my country

I recently moved back to Canada, and have been trying to change my country settings so I can update my payment information. The steps listed here: https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setti...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently moved back to Canada, and have been trying to change my country settings so I can update my payment information.   The steps listed here: https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/acco...
  • DanLeece
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Update Email Address

Spotify lists my old email address. I updated my Facebook email address some time ago, but the revised email address was not propagated to Spotify. No idea how to contact someone who can help...

• Spotify lists my old email address. I updated my Facebook email address some time ago, but the revised email address was not propagated to Spotify.  No idea how to contact someone who can help...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists gone after deactivating Facebook account

I deactivated my Facebook account this week, which is linked to my Spotify premium amount. After this I seemed to have lost access to all my personal playlists! That's a lot of work to lose. I won't be able to recover them from memory so I do hope th...

• Regular
  • I deactivated my Facebook account this week, which is linked to my Spotify premium amount. After this I seemed to have lost access to all my personal playlists! That's a lot of work to lose. I won't ...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Issue playlists Facebook
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Are most of the songs on the album "White Blood Cells" missing

So I'm just wondering, because when I searched it up I couldn't find anything, but Is the album "White Blood Cells" By The White Stripes missing a lot of songs for anyone else? (I live in Malaysia if that effects anything"

• So I'm just wondering, because when I searched it up I couldn't find anything, but Is the album "White Blood Cells" By The White Stripes missing a lot of songs for anyone else? (I live in Malaysia if...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ich kann mich nicht anmelden

Ich habe seit einiger Zeit das Problem, dass ich mich nicht mehr anmelden kann. Zunaechst stand bei Spotify dass ich offline bin, obwohl ich es nicht war. Dann habe ich Spotify Geloescht und nochmal neu runter geladen. Danach habe ich versucht mich a...

• Ich habe seit einiger Zeit das Problem, dass ich mich nicht mehr anmelden kann. Zunaechst stand bei Spotify dass ich offline bin, obwohl ich es nicht war. Dann habe ich Spotify Geloescht und nochmal ...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Email address no longer supported

I'm caught in a loop. Realised i need to change some details in my account. I can't remember my password and so habve been trying to do a reset. Problem is the reset is being sent to a now discontinued email address. Any ideas?

• I'm caught in a loop.  Realised i need to change some details in my account.  I can't remember my password and so habve been trying to do a reset.  Problem is the reset is being sent t...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't login via Facebook

A few minutes ago when I opened the Spotify app on my Android device, I have seen that all my lists were gone and my profile picture was changed. After that I immediately logged in to my account on a browser and logged out from all the devices. Then ...

• Casual Listener
  • A few minutes ago when I opened the Spotify app on my Android device, I have seen that all my lists were gone and my profile picture was changed. After that I immediately logged in to my account on a...
  • klisedenolenvar
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Subscribe to Premium Family and needed to pay twice (family and premium)?

When trying to continue with my spotify subscription, I had to fist buy the premium version, and after that I was able to add premium family. But spotify charged both ammounts at the same day: 9,99 EUR + 14,99 EUR.No way to get an answer from spotify...

• When trying to continue with my spotify subscription, I had to fist buy the premium version, and after that I was able to add premium family. But spotify charged both ammounts at the same day: 9,99 E...
  • FabianS_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't access to my account and I still have the subscribtion

I can't access to my account and I still have the subscribtion and my money keeps getting taken away for free every months I cant login , Its started when I syn my account with facebook which make my account just dissapeared but the subscription is s...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't access to my account and I still have the subscribtion and my money keeps getting taken away for free every months I cant login , Its started when I syn my account with facebook which make my...
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Emerson Hart, Beauty in Disrepair Album?

Hi folks,Unfortunately I can't play this album anymore. I can still find it on spotify, but it's not possible to play it (says: not available). It worked fine a few months ago....Does anybody have an idea why?Cheers, Ben

• Hi folks, Unfortunately I can't play this album anymore. I can still find it on spotify, but it's not possible to play it (says: not available). It worked fine a few months ago.... Does anybody hav...
  • Luke
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Lost account details

Unfortunately I made a spotify account a while ago (few years now) and I thought that I don't need to remember the details (because it was free) and I accidentally switched phones, forgetting about this account. Is there a way to search for it withou...

• Casual Listener
  • Unfortunately I made a spotify account a while ago (few years now) and I thought that I don't need to remember the details (because it was free) and I accidentally switched phones, forgetting about t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify email won't update to the new Facebook email

I recently lost access to my email that was attached to my facebook account, so on facebook I changed to a new email. Even though I changed on Facebook, spotify still uses the old email. I can't update my email cuz my account is attached to facebook,...

• I recently lost access to my email that was attached to my facebook account, so on facebook I changed to a new email. Even though I changed on Facebook, spotify still uses the old email. I can't upda...
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Moved to a new country, update country and payment

I´ve moved to a new country and I want to get Premium, but I want to pay with my credit card from my old country (i cannot get a credit card from the new country yet!). Is that possible?

• I´ve moved to a new country and I want to get Premium, but I want to pay with my credit card from my old country (i cannot get a credit card from the new country yet!). Is that possible?
  • vanessaguar
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to merge regular account and facebook account

I've just folowed this:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Two-Spotify-Accounts-Can-you-merge-them/td-p/326992 I've got this error (many times):Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later. Details:Facebook account: spotify:us...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just folowed this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Two-Spotify-Accounts-Can-you-merge-them/td-p/326992   I've got this error (many times): Sorry there has been a tempo...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes