Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • saarth
  • 790 replies
  • 81 likes
  • Account
  • 790 replies
  • 81 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Elena
  • 118 replies
  • 106 likes
  • Account
  • 118 replies
  • 106 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • G_Loc
  • Gig Goer
  • 63 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 63 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Clear Account and Reset Suggested Music

I've used my personal spotify in my preschool classroom and now I only get recommended music and suggested playlists full of kid's music and I swear if I hear another song from Moana or Frozen I will probably lose my mind so someone help me quickly. ...

• I've used my personal spotify in my preschool classroom and now I only get recommended music and suggested playlists full of kid's music and I swear if I hear another song from Moana or Frozen I will...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Claiming Your Artist Account

Hey how do I claim an artist account that is of my music?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey how do I claim an artist account that is of my music?
  • Melody
  • Community Manager
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Change Country

Hi,My spotify account has always been weird. I think I downloaded the music app when I was in Europe, thus my country set in profile is Denmark. However, I’m currently living in Malaysia but I couldn’t change it back in account settings. In the count...

• Hi, My spotify account has always been weird. I think I downloaded the music app when I was in Europe, thus my country set in profile is Denmark. However, I’m currently living in Malaysia but I coul...
  • Vod_evil
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

bad payment

hello people I would like to ask, today I wanted to make Spotify bonus with student discount, just did not read the terms and therefore I did not know it only applies to undergraduates, so I filled in all the details, card number .. It took me cash a...

• hello people I would like to ask, today I wanted to make Spotify bonus with student discount, just did not read the terms and therefore I did not know it only applies to undergraduates, so I filled i...
  • bjja123
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't i update my profile

When i try to update my profile ... it says "We're sorry, that email is taken."

• When i try to update my profile ... it says  " We're sorry, that email is taken." 
  • bjja123
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change the current country

Hi, I have currently moved to a new country- Malaysia and no longer a student. I was thinking if I could change the location, payment type and premium account type. However, it doesn't allowed me to change the location on the "EDIT PROFILE" section. ...

• Hi,  I have currently moved to a new country- Malaysia and no longer a student.    I was thinking if I could change the location, payment type and premium account type.  &nbsp...
  • bjja123
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution reCaptchas = bad user experience

So Spotify finally came up with a "solution" to stop the spam but has anyone considered how this awful solution affects legitimate users? Try using it on a ultra high resolution display or with less than perfect eyesight. Do you seriously expect us t...

• Community Legend
  • So Spotify finally came up with a "solution" to stop the spam but has anyone considered how this awful solution affects legitimate users? Try using it on a ultra high resolution display or with less ...
  • kolorafa
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Please remove particular ad with curse word

One of Spotify's premium ads has the word **bleep** in it and even though I'm listening to the Gospel station it still pops up. I understand if I chose to listen to music with cursing then there's no way around that, but not everyone listens to that ...

• Casual Listener
  • One of Spotify's premium ads has the word **bleep** in it and even though I'm listening to the Gospel station it still pops up. I understand if I chose to listen to music with cursing then there's no...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Discover not refreshing with new selections

I have been looking at the same album selections in Discover for three weeks. I listen an average of an hour and a half a day, so it should refresh with new titles.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been looking at the same album selections in Discover for three weeks. I listen an average of an hour and a half a day, so it should refresh with new titles.
  • MG57
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fake account?

When wanted to open Spotify, I was actually loggout. Then I tried to log in as usual with my nickname and the acess was refused, so I tried with my email and again, acess refused. Finally I managed to log in with Facebook. When I checked my account t...

• Casual Listener
  • When  wanted to open Spotify, I was actually loggout. Then I tried to log in as usual with my nickname and the acess was refused, so I tried with my email and again, acess refused. Finally I man...
  • fuxrouge
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New user - Random string of characters, and Spotify student?

Hi! I'm a new Spotify user, I transferred from another platform to this! Currently I just started my 30 day free trial, and after that it'll start charging me full price, how do I set it so that it only charges my the student price? When I go to chan...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I'm a new Spotify user, I transferred from another platform to this!   Currently I just started my 30 day free trial, and after that it'll start charging me full price, how do I s...
  • Shxz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fake account

I know someone in my country kurdistan,iraq they are using a fake premium..pleas stop it

• I know someone in my country kurdistan,iraq they are using a fake premium..pleas stop it
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Received payment in 30 day free trial

I subscribed the 30 day free trial of Spotify in feb.16 and Spotify received 13.99 from my credit card.

• Visitor
  • I subscribed the 30 day free trial of Spotify in feb.16 and Spotify received 13.99 from my credit card.
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook account used by other Spotify user

Hi! I tried to share one of my playlists on Facebook but got the message that my Facebook account was already connected to another Spotify user. I don't have any other Spotify or Facebook account than the two I tried to combine now and have no memory...

• Hi!   I tried to share one of my playlists on Facebook but got the message that my Facebook account was already connected to another Spotify user. I don't have any other Spotify or Facebook ac...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

account hacked????

For some reason Spotify required me to log in again to both my desktop and mobile app accounts today, they were always "saved" and upon logging in my account looks completely different. I don't recall ever having another account beyond the one I set ...

• Regular
  • For some reason Spotify required me to log in again to both my desktop and mobile app accounts today, they were always "saved" and upon logging in my account looks completely different. I don't recal...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ejected from account

Username: Premium I have this premium account, from which I was signed out after the last software upgrade, both on my cell phone (android) and my computer (mac) Now my password is not recognized, and when I ask for a password reset, I go t either a...

• Username:   <removed sensitive information> Premium I have this premium account, from which I was signed out after the last software upgrade, both on my cell phone (android) and ...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! using abroad

Hi, just started using spotify and I need to know what needs to be done to use abroad without internet access through my laptop. I have spotify premium. Advice and instructions would be welcome. cheers

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, just started using spotify and I need to know what needs to be done to use abroad without internet access through my laptop. I have spotify premium. Advice and instructions would be welcome. chee...
  • Borbacarolina
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Change country

I have moved from HK to Singapore and cannot change to my new CC because it does not match my chosen country I cannot change my chosen country at all (greyed out). And of course there is no way to contact help except this. I would rather not have to ...

• I have moved from HK to Singapore and cannot change to my new CC because it does not match my chosen country I cannot change my chosen country at all (greyed out).    And of course there ...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working in Iran

I live in Iran and I use spotify primium. (I have a sweden gift card) .I used it for 1 month in my country with vpn. Now I can’t login. The error is “ you can only use spotify for 14 days abroad “

• I live in Iran and I use spotify primium. (I have a sweden gift card) .I used it  for 1 month in my country with vpn. Now I can’t login. The error is “ you can only use spotify for 14 days abroa...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! DIDN'T RECIEVE ANY PIN CODE VIA GLOBE MOBILE PAYMENT

I registered to Spotify 129 and I activated it on the link provided in the confirmation text message I received. Globe texted me with a verification code that I should verify on the website. I went to the Spotify website to change my subscription to ...

• I registered to Spotify 129 and I activated it on the link provided in the confirmation text message I received. Globe texted me with a verification code that I should verify on the website. I went t...
  • javd
  • 23 replies
  • 18 likes
  • Premium
  • 23 replies
  • 18 likes