Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • _carlosoliva_
  • 944 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 944 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 112 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! 2 tracks - 2 accounts.

Hello there! Not very long ago my request to become "Spotify Artist" was approved and I have some problems with it. The funniest part is that before becoming artist, I had 2 releases and Spotify created two accounts. At the moment, the one, which is ...

• Hello there!   Not very long ago my request to become "Spotify Artist" was approved and I have some problems with it. The funniest part is that before becoming artist, I had 2 releases and Spo...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Username Completely Random

Hi, I know many people have been facing a similar issue, where their username is a series of random letters and/or numbers, as they have signed up using Facebook, however, I recently created this account through the official sign up page (online), us...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I know many people have been facing a similar issue, where their username is a series of random letters and/or numbers, as they have signed up using Facebook, however, I recently created...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Account
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log in on new computer

I'm a Premium member but currently can't access either the desktop version or the web version of Spotify on my new PC. Facebook login isn't working and the Spotify won't recognise the email address associated with my account. I'm still logged in as n...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a Premium member but currently can't access either the desktop version or the web version of Spotify on my new PC. Facebook login isn't working and the Spotify won't recognise the email address a...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can not change my password because I do not have email

I can not add an email to my sportify account; because spotify wrongly added the information from my facebook; according to them I was born in 2004 and they also say that I do not have mail! I modified my facebook account very well so it does not hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I can not add an email to my sportify account; because spotify wrongly added the information from my facebook; according to them I was born in 2004 and they also say that I do not have mail! I modifi...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Same name used for my personal profile and my artist page on Spotify

Hi, I've been using Spotify for a long time, it's connected to my Facebook account therefore my personal name is used as username. PROBLEM: I also use my name for my music and people get very confused when they look up my artist page on Spotify. They...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I've been using Spotify for a long time, it's connected to my Facebook account therefore my personal name is used as username.   PROBLEM: I also use my name for&nb...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover weekly isn't looking for my taste in music

Hi, so for some reason my Discover Weekly is showing songs that have nothing to do with the songs that I listen to, genres that I dislike and sometimes in other langages and I've been using spotify for 6 months. I dont know what could be the issue.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, so for some reason my Discover Weekly is showing songs that have nothing to do with the songs that I listen to, genres that I dislike and sometimes in other langages and I've been using spotify f...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discover Weekly
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I unlock my Facebook account from spotify?

Two months ago I was in Florida on vacation and decided to log in to spotify with my Facebook account but now that I'm in my hometown I can't log in with Facebook because it tells me I can only use spotify abroad for 14 days... Is there any way I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Two months ago I was in Florida on vacation and decided to log in to spotify with my Facebook account but now that I'm in my hometown I can't log in with Facebook because it tells me I can only use s...
  • willi147
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird 'now playing' notification

Hi allI've got a family premium account and recently have started seeing a notification on my phone for a band 'now playing' that neither my wife, my daughter and I have played out searched for on our devices (we've never even heard of them). I've lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I've got a family premium account and recently have started seeing a notification on my phone for a band 'now playing' that neither my wife, my daughter and I have played out searched for on ...
  • Elbeeuk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

hulu

how do I activate my hulu account if I've got the student premium account? I've tried to look under my "account" it doesn't show up at all

• Casual Listener
  • how do I activate my hulu account if I've got the student premium account? I've tried to look under my "account" it doesn't show up at all
  • amoh1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Another "Can't Play Current Song" Thread

Hi all!Sorry for the thousand posts with the same problem but let me explain what I've done and what I'm experiencing: Playing some music - "Can't play current song", restarting Spotify - same trick after some minutes of listening. What I've done:1. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all! Sorry for the thousand posts with the same problem but let me explain what I've done and what I'm experiencing:   Playing some music - "Can't play current song", restarting Spotify - ...
  • uglyfatandalive
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't update payment method

I'm trying to update my payment method, but the accounts page in all 3 browsers I am using looks horribly formatted and I can't add a new payment method. Is there some setting that my browsers need to have on to be able to display the Spotify account...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to update my payment method, but the accounts page in all 3 browsers I am using looks horribly formatted and I can't add a new payment method.  Is there some setting that my browsers ...
  • amirism
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple accounts with same email

I have two accounts I think and can't seem to retrieve the one that has all of my playlists and whatnot. My work PC was using the correct account and my home PC apparently was using a different account but with the same email (if that's possible). So...

• I have two accounts I think and can't seem to retrieve the one that has all of my playlists and whatnot.   My work PC was using the correct account and my home PC apparently was using a diff...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing Spotify premium to spotify family.

Do I have to cancel my personal account or if I upgrade to Family it will change automatically.? Thank you

• Do I have to cancel my personal account or if I upgrade to Family it will change automatically.?   Thank you
  • geoffers49
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login

Everytime I try to login I get an error message saying "Login failed - You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." I'm from the US, I currently live in the US, and my account is set for US. How do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I try to login I get an error message saying "Login failed - You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days." I'm from the US, I currently live in the US, and my account is set for US. How do ...
  • amirism
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

error 408, wrong country, never prompted to give normal username

i just signed up for spotify, and i can't log in with my email address, or it tells me i am in the wrong country (despite never leaving the US, i only made this account today...). i can only log in with the long string of letters and numbers i was gi...

• i just signed up for spotify, and i can't log in with my email address, or it tells me i am in the wrong country (despite never leaving the US, i only made this account today...). i can only log in w...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I HAVE to use PayPal??

Why do I HAVE to use PayPal on my account? I am trying to update my payment method and it takes me directly to the PayPal site and won't let me select another option. I woulf prefer tonpsy Spotify directly. Why do I HAVE to use PayPal? Why is this th...

• Why do I HAVE to use PayPal on my account? I am trying to update my payment method and it takes me directly to the PayPal site and won't let me select another option. I woulf prefer tonpsy Spotify di...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution My Username

I made a spotify, which I did not connect to facebook, but when I try to log in with my username it says incorrect but when I log in with my email it's correct. Also my username is a whole bunch of letters and numbers on the web and app on my phone p...

• I made a spotify, which I did not connect to facebook, but when I try to log in with my username it says incorrect but when I log in with my email it's correct. Also my username is a whole bunch of l...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change my adress

There is no option to change my adress information on this page, and i cannot find another way to do this: https://www.spotify.com/br/account/profile/Can anyone help me?

• There is no option to change my adress information on this page, and i cannot find another way to do this: https://www.spotify.com/br/account/profile/ Can anyone help me?
  • amirism
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random username

I made 3 times an account for my mom and every time her name got replaced for a string of random letters and numbers I tried to look it up and most posts are talking that it is because facebook but I didn't use Facebook to make the account

• Casual Listener
  • I made 3 times  an account for my mom and every time her name got replaced  for a string of random letters and numbers I tried to look it up and most posts are talking that it is becau...
  • xeased
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes