Announcements

bought a $10 gift card...says it has already been used!?!

Solved!

bought a $10 gift card...says it has already been used!?!

knakmuhs

is there some way i can contact spotify?? wtf??

i bought a 10 dollar gift card from target. when i enter the code it says "this code has already been used"

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

dandot2dot

Okay... The problem has been solved.  I had the person who received my gift card check her account balance, log out and back into their iPhone and things are working fine now.

I am not sure exactly what happened here because I wasn't the person who received the card.  My guess is that the recipient did not received a successful redemption message upon activation, then tried again and then received the already used message. 

-Dan

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Peter__

Check the responses on your other thread 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

dandot2dot
I just sent this to Spotify... To Whom it may concern: I bought a gift card for $60 from a Target store yesterday. The person trying to redeem the card received a message that the card had already been used. I contacted the store and they verified successful activation. Target is willing to issue a refund if I am not successful with this email. The code on the gift card is: xxxxxxxxxx The person trying to redeem the code scratched off the code cover around 12:00 PM PDT in San Jose, California, USA on December 22, 2012. Would you please investigate this matter as soon as possible and rectify the situation? I would also like to suggest that you deactivate the fraudster who is behind this act. Thank you, Dan
Marked as solution

dandot2dot

Okay... The problem has been solved.  I had the person who received my gift card check her account balance, log out and back into their iPhone and things are working fine now.

I am not sure exactly what happened here because I wasn't the person who received the card.  My guess is that the recipient did not received a successful redemption message upon activation, then tried again and then received the already used message. 

-Dan

MattSuda

Glad you solved it!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts

Env: prod