Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

bought coupon for unlimited/premium but can't download iphone app

Solved!

bought coupon for unlimited/premium but can't download iphone app

Hi, I bought a coupon from Sweden that gives me 1 month premium or 2 months unlimited. I would like to choose premium so that I can use Spotify on my iphone. However, my credit card on appstore is from a country where Spotify has not been launched, so I can't find the app on my appstore. Does this mean that the premium feature for mobile is not available to me and I should just select unlimited instead?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Also, because you are on an iPhone, you most likely have to jailbreak the phone if it's not available on the iTunes app store.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi mate,

Just create another appstore account 🙂 Google a bit and you will find out how to make one without a need of a credi card (hint: try purchasing a free app - without being logged into appstore of course). Make sure you choose an appstore from one of the supported countries (USA for example) and you should be all set.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey! Very warm welcome to the Community.

You can download Spotify Premium by visiting http://m.spotify.com/ in your mobile phone. Download the app before you redeem a code, so you can confirm it too.

Hope this helps!!! Let me know.

Marked as solution

Also, because you are on an iPhone, you most likely have to jailbreak the phone if it's not available on the iTunes app store.

ff79 - Did you buy your iPhone in one of our launch countries? Or are you currently outside of Sweden? You'll only be able to download the iOS App from the Appstore if the iTunes account is set to one of our launch countries.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yep, that's the problem and solution in a nutshell. My appstore account is not set to one of your launch countries because my app store credit card is not from one of the launch countries. So basically, even though I have the premium coupon, the mobile feature will not work for me (if i want to use this iphone).

Marked as solution

Hi mate,

Just create another appstore account 🙂 Google a bit and you will find out how to make one without a need of a credi card (hint: try purchasing a free app - without being logged into appstore of course). Make sure you choose an appstore from one of the supported countries (USA for example) and you should be all set.

Suggested posts