Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

ios 14.5.1

My Question or Issue

I replaced my iphone SE and restored from backup. All my other apps remembered my login info, except for Spotify. I didn't remember my password, so I tried the Login without a password feature. Very slick -- it took me right to my email app where I immediately found the email with the link. I clicked the link which took me back to the spotify app, and it said the link was expired. It was no more than 30 seconds old. So I tried it again. Same thing.

Fine, I'll fetch my password from chrome saved passwords. So I go to spotify on Chrome. Chrome doesn't remember any password... strange, but fine. I try to login without a password via the browser, but the email never comes. Ok, i'll reset my password. I get the link and click it, and it takes me to Chrome. I try a password but spotify rejects it because I used it 100 years ago. OK, I'll pick a new password. It works! I want to teach Chrome my password so this doesn't happen again. So I go back to Chrome and log in. But it immediately takes me to the spotify app, so Chrome never has a chance to save my password. Why would you do that? There are features I can't access in the app, so I have to switch to a desktop just to teach Chrome my password, and to log out of all devices.

I can see that you intend your login experience to be much more smooth. Maybe you don't know that what you've built is broken. Why is Spotify the only app that logs out when I restore my iphone from a backup? Why doesn't the login without password link work? Why is the website so aggressive about switching me to the app on mobile?

1 Reply

Hey @Xanderstein

Help’s here!

It's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app to make sure your current app version is up-to-date and no leftover cache could be causing issues with logging in to your account. Follow the steps listed here on how to perform this. 

We also recommend opening the login link in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. You can also change the preferred browser to check if you observe the same. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts