Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can i change my Facebook created account to an email address account?

Solved!

can i change my Facebook created account to an email address account?

Plan

Free

Country

uk

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to change your account from being a facebook created account to an email account? I have tried the suggestions to disconnect from facebook account, but the option never comes up on my settings. (i have made a separate password too). 
I'd like to have an email account rather than my facebook one, and won't be able to have all my liked/saved songs if i make a new account.... is there no way to save your account data and put it on a new account that isn't related to the facebook one? or change your account to just an email account, removing the facebook part of it entirely?

All the best,
Amelia 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @nappingbee

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You can create a new account that is email-based and transfer your library from your previous account. 

For more details on how to do that, make sure to take a look at this article

The other thing you can do, is to change the email associated with your Spotify account. However, since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. After that, you should be able to log in using an email and password. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Also, here's an article on how to disconnect Facebook, if you haven't tried that already. If you're still not able do disconnect it, you can mention that while getting in touch with support, but the email change should be enough. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @nappingbee

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You can create a new account that is email-based and transfer your library from your previous account. 

For more details on how to do that, make sure to take a look at this article

The other thing you can do, is to change the email associated with your Spotify account. However, since you created your Spotify account through Facebook, it won't be possible for you to change the email address on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update it for you. After that, you should be able to log in using an email and password. 

For more steps, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

Also, here's an article on how to disconnect Facebook, if you haven't tried that already. If you're still not able do disconnect it, you can mention that while getting in touch with support, but the email change should be enough. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Hello!

Thank you very much for your helpful reply!! 🙂

Amelia 🙂

Hi @nappingbee

You're welcome!

And thank you for accepting my answer as solution 🙂

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts