Step 1

NEXT STEP

can only add song to "new" playlist -

can only add song to "new" playlist -

Plan

Free/Premium

Country USA

My Question or Issue

even though some playlists say to add a song, when I go to add a song to existing playlists I can't; the only option I get is to add to a new playlist - when I type in the playlist name even if it's existing, it simply creates a new playlist.  But I can't add to existing playlists even if there's permission, I don't seem to have that option - am I doing something wrong, am I missing something?

3 Replies

Hello @nublr!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues adding songs to playlists. The good part is that I'll try to solve your problem 🙂

However, I need a bit more info in order to help you:

- Which version of Spotify are you using? (Android, Web player, IOs, Windows Desktop, Mac Desktop, Linux Desktop...)

- What happens when you try to add a new song to a playlist? Does it show an error message?

I'll be happy to help, keep me posted, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi thanks for getting back - I'm using an hp pavilion laptop, windows 10 - so I rightclick on a song and the option to add it to a playlist comes up which I click - then a menu comes up but tells me to add it to a new playlist, doesn't give me option to add to an existing one. Says to type in the name of the playlist, and even if I type in an existing name, it makes a new list with just the one song I'm trying to add - there's no option to add it to an existing list, even if the list is in my profile. Thanks for your help.

Well, I'd recommend checking the "ongoing issues" board maybe you can find an answer for it. If not, make sure to reply and I'll be happy to help. 

Thanks for being part of the community. Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts