Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't connect facebook and spotify properly

Solved!

can't connect facebook and spotify properly

Hi, I'm having spotify for a long time now, it was connected to my facebook for a long time, then I decided to delete my facebook account (for personal reasons). after a while i was missing facebook, so i created a new account and i am trying to link it with facebook now, on the spotify web page if i go to https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/ , it says my account is connected, but when i go to the pc app and try to share a song it says my FB is not connected, so i click connect, a login page appears, after logging in, the page disappears, but i still can' share and the facebook program still says, not connected ....

tried connecting a zillion times now, with PC app on two different PC's and with android app, but no luck so far ...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

dunno what you did, but it worked now 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hi there,

If you could log on with the username 'psyloid' and your Spotify password, then head to 'Preferences' ('Edit' on Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac). You should get the option to connect to Facebook at the bottom of this page.

Once connected, this should sort it for you.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

well, thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't work, if i click "connect to facebook' the facebook login page appears, i fill in my data and then log in, the window disappears and spotify is still not connected to FB 😞

Marked as solution

dunno what you did, but it worked now 🙂

Hi, I am having probelms connecting my spotify acount with Facebook. I get a temporary error message every time. Can you help? 

Hello, I am having the same problem, have followed all instructions on the website, uninstalled/reinstalled, removed/added spotify to firewall exception list but everytime I try to connect my account to my facebook account I get Error code 101-126

Hi, 

Spotify haven't responded to any of my messages on here, or on twitter. 

In the end, I worked it out mysef. It wasn't an obvious solution, but I logged out of spotify and clicked "log in with facebook". I then entered my facebook details and spotify asked me to enter the details of the spotify account I would like to link to that facebook account. 

Hi Polly

Thanks for the suggestion, it hasn't worked for me though. I tried it but got no option to link my existing Spotify account and couldn't find anywhere to do that.

It is very annoying as my existing account (mmaccourt) is Premium and has all my playlists (which I have spent considerable time compiling) and my Facebook account has all my friends - I want them linked not seperate!!

Indeed! 

And it would help if Spotify actually responded to their customers, rahter than having them talk to each other! 

I have same problem. I think they can't get it work with facebook account, if you already have older account with same e-mail..

Hope they don't charge twice..

Hi- Just for anyone reading this having this problem. What I had to do (I'm on a MacBook) was log in to my new facebook account using Safari. I never use this browser, but immediately after I had my facebook logged in to this source, it connected perfectly. Maybe because it's the "default browser" for the computer (even though I switched that to Chrome). This just seemed to work for me. 

Not sure if this is the exact solution to this problem, but thought I'd share for any future readers! 

Same issue.  I hit the link, and it just hangs.  Over half a dozen times now.  Bunch of code in the url bar, but it does nothing... goes nowhere.

Good internet connection, etc.

It never gave me the opportunity to even enter my FB username or anything, so it's getting stopped cold before I even get to that stage.

I'm having a similar propblem. I tried connecting through the desktop version—entered all my Facebook info, hit submit, and then the window goes away but I'm still not connected. I tried manually activating it from this website and keep getting the error message below. 

If I try logging into Spotify with just my Facebook info, as some people have suggested, I get a totally different account and none of my playlists or follows are there.

Screen shot 2013-12-09 at 10.09.06 AM.png

Hey @pollyesther ! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and ask them to remove the extra account for you. The Spotify system won't let you connect to your Facebook sometimes if there is a real Spotify account tied to those Facebook details.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spoiler
You need to log in with your facebook email and password (: I had the same problem and that worked!

~Sof

HOW IS THIS A SOLUTION! IT IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

Suggested posts