Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't find a user who is not on my Facebook?

Solved!

can't find a user who is not on my Facebook?

hi, my spotify account is hinged to facebook. user i am looking for based in UK and not on my Facebook, is there any limitation to who you can find and follow? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are trying to add someone you are not friends with on Facebook then there are two options:

- If you know their Spotify username, you can search for them directly using "spotify:user:USERNAME" in the main search box. Note that their Facebook username and Spotify username will be different, in fact if they created their account using Facebook their Spotify username will be a whole load of numbers. 

- Get them to send you a playlist outside of Spotify (Right click > Copy HTTP link) and you will be able to get to their profile from the playlist. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are trying to add someone you are not friends with on Facebook then there are two options:

- If you know their Spotify username, you can search for them directly using "spotify:user:USERNAME" in the main search box. Note that their Facebook username and Spotify username will be different, in fact if they created their account using Facebook their Spotify username will be a whole load of numbers. 

- Get them to send you a playlist outside of Spotify (Right click > Copy HTTP link) and you will be able to get to their profile from the playlist. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

BRILLIANT! Thank you!!! 

Suggested posts