Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can’t join premium duo - error message appears

Solved!

can’t join premium duo - error message appears

hi there,

I’m trying to join a duo premium plan through a link my gf shared to me, but each time I get an error message after confirming address.

During past days I tried to join this invitation a lot of times, used different devices (mac, windows pc), web-browsers (safari, chrome, firefox), followed scenarios from the same issue’s topic to dismiss this issue, we tried to change address as well - it does’t seems to work for me either.

Premium Duo

Ukraine

Thanks

794B9FD1-8A40-427B-9B9C-ABF170BC11E7.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @pavlo_kolesnyk! Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

We're gonna help you figure this out. Just to confirm, do you currently have an active Premium subscription? You can confirm this here.

If you have regular Premium directly with us, you should have no problem to accept the invite sent by your girlfriend. However, if you're currently the admin of a Premium Family or Duo plan, you won't be able to accept the invite as you'll need to cancel your subscription first with these steps and wait until your account goes back to free (if you subscribed through a third party, you'll need to cancel with them). Then, you should be able to accept the invite without a problem. 

Also, it's important to clarify that both accounts need to be registered in the same country and you need to use the exact same address that your girlfriend used when setting up the Duo plan in her account.

Check that for us and come back to us so we can continue helping you with this. We'll be waiting

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @pavlo_kolesnyk! Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

We're gonna help you figure this out. Just to confirm, do you currently have an active Premium subscription? You can confirm this here.

If you have regular Premium directly with us, you should have no problem to accept the invite sent by your girlfriend. However, if you're currently the admin of a Premium Family or Duo plan, you won't be able to accept the invite as you'll need to cancel your subscription first with these steps and wait until your account goes back to free (if you subscribed through a third party, you'll need to cancel with them). Then, you should be able to accept the invite without a problem. 

Also, it's important to clarify that both accounts need to be registered in the same country and you need to use the exact same address that your girlfriend used when setting up the Duo plan in her account.

Check that for us and come back to us so we can continue helping you with this. We'll be waiting

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi @Julian,

thanks a lot for help. the issue was that initially I was a duo moderator and can’t change it to free in order to accept invitation.

I managed to reset my account to free through the spotify support chat and then accepted the invite for premium duo.

thanks

Hey @pavlo_kolesnyk,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what has worked for you 🙂

It's valuable info for other users facing the same issue.

We're always a click away if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts