Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

If you are experiencing any issues with logging in while the app is set to offline mode, please take a look at this thread.

This is a known issue and while there currently isn't a fix for it, there is a workaround in the thread linked above that should help.

Should you still not be able to log in to your account, we'd recommend you also take a look at this support article for further tips and tricks. 

We've blocked replies to this topic for now. If you have any further questions, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

View solution in original post

331 Replies

Hey rachel2020, welcome to the Community!

Curious issue indeed. Firstly, let's try a reinstall of the app. That should get things back on track and allow you to log in normally. 

gryffyn

Was my response helpful?
Please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂

Having the same problem.
I reinstalled the app on my android phone and it worked normal for 2 days, then found it logged out again and went back to saying my phone was set to offline and can't sign in even though I'm currently using the Wi-Fi on my phone.

Please guys. This problem is so annoying. You have to reinstall and download all your playlists. 

I am experiencing the same problem.  I see that reinstalling the app might solve the problem but will require re-downloading all my playlists.  This is a big quality regression. As a paying premium user, I'd not expect to be asked to reinstall again and again, which appears to be the 'solution' to many issues with the app.  Hoping for a less drastic solution. 

Same issue. I reinstalled and it still won't let me login. So annoying and stupid - it just says "Please go online to connect to Spotify." What does that even mean? I am connected on wifi and have a data plan but still can't get on. I logged in on my computer and still can't find anywhere to be able to login

Same issue. App updated, logged me out, was in offline mode and now it won't let me log back in. This needs to be fixed, it's unreal to be locked out like this.

I chatted with support and they were useless. I went to the spotify app on my phone and uninstalled all updates, then logged in and it let me (I guess uninstalling the updates, took the saved data with it?). After I got in, I updated the app and it was fine. Still so so stupid that you get locked out - had to redownload all my songs, super annoying and just stupid.

So this gets even better!

I uninstalled Spotify from my phone, reinstalled, redownloaded tons of my music.  Annoying, but it worked.  Well, I restarted my phone and when it came back up, I was locked out of the Spotify app again!  Unbelievable.

This is an egregious bug --  does anyone at Spotify care about user experience?  Do I need to mention that I am a paying 'Premium' member?

Same issue.  I demand a solution or money back.  I'm a premium user and I've not been able to use spotify 's services for three days now.  Has to use google play today.  It worked fine.

No, this is not acceptable as it loses all settings and downloads. Why has it lost my login anyway? It worked on Friday.

Hello everyone!

I had the same issue last night after restarting my Android phone. I had to do a reinstall of the app in order for it to log back in again which bothered me since I had to be without music until I got home to an internet connection.

Out of curiosity, where is your app saved? Internal storage or SD card? Mine was in the second and I suspect it had something to do with turning my phone off before.

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Kate,

My app is installed in the default location, presumably internal storage; I store my media on my SD card.

I use Spotify to listen to music I've downloaded to my phone and the need to reinstall the app and re-download all my music is ridiculous.

I'm having this same issue and I can't even reinstall the app right now... That's probably a separate issue. But what in the world? I shouldn't have uninstall the app because I got logged out while I was set to offline.

Hello there @Jyaroshi 🙂

Could you elaborate a bit more on being unable to reinstall? Are you seeing an error message when you're in the Play Store?

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I tried going to settings-->apps--> Spotify--> clear data to avoid reinstalling the app and it worked!

maybe just deleting the cache data of the app does the job without deleting the downloaded playlists.

The problem lies when we set our Spotty in the offline mode on the settings. In means set offline to play only the musics downloaded in your phone.

But when we logout this setting to offline don't let us to connect.

And looks like there is no way to change this set without being logged. So we need to reinstall. It's an absurd! So primary error.

Then after reinstalling I had to reload all music, only to find out it did not load onto my external memory.  Then I'm reminded there is no easy way to choose internal over external memory.  Bull**bleep** glitches for a 'premium' service.

Having the same problem on my android phone AND now my iPad - I'm i premium user but am going to cancel and go to Deezer or Amazon

Same problem. Only with me, I switched to offline mode and then tried to use my second account.

Suggested posts