can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

rachel2020

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

Hey all,

If you are experiencing any issues with logging in, please take a look at the following Support page:

https://support.spotify.com/article/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/

It contains all scenarios and troubleshooting steps needed. If you are sure that none of the scenarios apply, please create a new topic.

We've blocked replies to this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

328 Replies

gryffyn
Roadie

Hey rachel2020, welcome to the Community!

Curious issue indeed. Firstly, let's try a reinstall of the app. That should get things back on track and allow you to log in normally. 

gryffyn

Was my response helpful?
Please like it and accept it as a solution :)

Rscolumbres
Having the same problem.
I reinstalled the app on my android phone and it worked normal for 2 days, then found it logged out again and went back to saying my phone was set to offline and can't sign in even though I'm currently using the Wi-Fi on my phone.

harrybarrera

Please guys. This problem is so annoying. You have to reinstall and download all your playlists. 

Highlighted

dmaraglia68
Casual Listener

I am experiencing the same problem.  I see that reinstalling the app might solve the problem but will require re-downloading all my playlists.  This is a big quality regression. As a paying premium user, I'd not expect to be asked to reinstall again and again, which appears to be the 'solution' to many issues with the app.  Hoping for a less drastic solution. 

arvinjain87
Casual Listener

Same issue. I reinstalled and it still won't let me login. So annoying and stupid - it just says "Please go online to connect to Spotify." What does that even mean? I am connected on wifi and have a data plan but still can't get on. I logged in on my computer and still can't find anywhere to be able to login

shazzbena

Same issue. App updated, logged me out, was in offline mode and now it won't let me log back in. This needs to be fixed, it's unreal to be locked out like this.

arvinjain87
Casual Listener

I chatted with support and they were useless. I went to the spotify app on my phone and uninstalled all updates, then logged in and it let me (I guess uninstalling the updates, took the saved data with it?). After I got in, I updated the app and it was fine. Still so so stupid that you get locked out - had to redownload all my songs, super annoying and just stupid.

dmaraglia68
Casual Listener

So this gets even better!

I uninstalled Spotify from my phone, reinstalled, redownloaded tons of my music.  Annoying, but it worked.  Well, I restarted my phone and when it came back up, I was locked out of the Spotify app again!  Unbelievable.

This is an egregious bug --  does anyone at Spotify care about user experience?  Do I need to mention that I am a paying 'Premium' member?

onemstchange
Regular

Same issue.  I demand a solution or money back.  I'm a premium user and I've not been able to use spotify 's services for three days now.  Has to use google play today.  It worked fine.

SUGGESTED POSTS