can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

CycleBags

No, this is not acceptable as it loses all settings and downloads. Why has it lost my login anyway? It worked on Friday.

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hello everyone!

I had the same issue last night after restarting my Android phone. I had to do a reinstall of the app in order for it to log back in again which bothered me since I had to be without music until I got home to an internet connection.

Out of curiosity, where is your app saved? Internal storage or SD card? Mine was in the second and I suspect it had something to do with turning my phone off before.

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

dmaraglia68
Casual Listener

Kate,

My app is installed in the default location, presumably internal storage; I store my media on my SD card.

I use Spotify to listen to music I've downloaded to my phone and the need to reinstall the app and re-download all my music is ridiculous.

Highlighted

Jyaroshi

I'm having this same issue and I can't even reinstall the app right now... That's probably a separate issue. But what in the world? I shouldn't have uninstall the app because I got logged out while I was set to offline.

KatesHere
Community Legend

Hello there @Jyaroshi :)

Could you elaborate a bit more on being unable to reinstall? Are you seeing an error message when you're in the Play Store?

K

RSJ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
K is for Kisses, Kate
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Rock Star? Join us!

mafia99

I tried going to settings-->apps--> Spotify--> clear data to avoid reinstalling the app and it worked!

maybe just deleting the cache data of the app does the job without deleting the downloaded playlists.

Dcostaf

The problem lies when we set our Spotty in the offline mode on the settings. In means set offline to play only the musics downloaded in your phone.

But when we logout this setting to offline don't let us to connect.

And looks like there is no way to change this set without being logged. So we need to reinstall. It's an absurd! So primary error.

onemstchange
Regular

Then after reinstalling I had to reload all music, only to find out it did not load onto my external memory.  Then I'm reminded there is no easy way to choose internal over external memory.  Bull**bleep** glitches for a 'premium' service.

stillnathan
Casual Listener

Having the same problem on my android phone AND now my iPad - I'm i premium user but am going to cancel and go to Deezer or Amazon

SJLT

Same problem. Only with me, I switched to offline mode and then tried to use my second account.

SUGGESTED POSTS