Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

331 Replies

Just ran into this same issue.  Incredible that the app is dumb enough to not let you log back in if you're set to offline....  Fix this!!!

I was told my "account was broken" and to create a new account, they transferred all my playlists and stuff, but still it didn't work. 

I am having this same issue. Everytime I restart my phone I have to redownload the app and all my music. This is not what I am paying a subscription for. This might be the end of my premium subscription if it is not fixed soon.

Apprently it's not helpful LOL.

Solved it: after several tries at different solutions with the chat online and through email, what did it is this last thing: 

We have a few troubleshooting steps we'd like you to try:

1. Remove and re-insert your SD card.
  2. Uninstall the Spotify app on your device.
  3. Clear your device's cache.
  4. Reinstall the Spotify app.

On another note, if you device uses battery saving mode, we'd suggest turning it off.

We'd also recommend you turn off automatic updates in your device's settings.  "

I'm going to try to copy this response to other threads with this topic, please let me know if it works for you guys as well. 

Not happy, this bug has been going on for ages and is still the same.

I've got about 50 meg of data left for this month so even if this works I won't be able to listen to anything since all my downloads will be gone. For a second time this month since I have just had to do a similar solution to stop the app randomly deleting my downloaded playlists.

Spotify, when are you going to fix this problem?  This should have been fixed long ago. I too am a premium customer who is growing increasingly frustrated with the your apparent indifference to what is a serious issue. Fix it!!

Thanks! This worked for me

..this is bull**bleep** re-install??  how many times /   this is up to Spotify to fix not paying  customers > How about a simple online/offline button on the login screen ?

Try just clearing the app cache, worked for me.

In a word, no. Spotify doesn't give a **bleep** about UX.

Same issue. It's now three months since the original post- and it seems like nothing has been done. Tried clearing tyre cache, but that didn't work. 

First, on your device go to settings. Then, go to playback. If you see the “offline mode thingy”, Off it. Then you are now online... If you still can’t, contact Spotify 😉

-Aloy

This is why we are here. When the app crashes in offline mode the it sometimes logs the user out and there's no way to log back in to get into the settings.

"You are offline please go online to log in"

Total catch 22 only cured by uninstalling and reinstalling, defeating the purpose of offline data saving.

I wish it were that simple Aloy , like an offline/online button on the login screen now THAT would be simple!

Im having the same issue right now but luckily i just transfered all my playlists to my sd card so i should be okay.

Just wait till you go to use a play list, and surprise! Spotify took it upon itself to delete all play lists for some unknown reason.  **bleep**show.

Yup just realised that now...

Same here. This is ridiculous reinstalling an app because of a login issue?
I am cancelling my subsciption.

Try going into your settings on your phone, going into the Spotify section and then switching mobile data on. For some reason Spotify had automatically switched itself off on mine.

Suggested posts