Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

331 Replies

a) Re-installing the app is NEVER a solution to a problem like this.

b) This is STILL not fixed.

c) Is anyone from Spotify going to provide an update on when a software fixed will be deployed to resolve this issue?

Premium subscriber here getting heartily sick of having to re-download all my music every fortnight or so.

Yes! I totally agree. This has happened to me twice in two weeks now and I'm not happy. Having to uninstall and resintall and download all my music again is NOT a proper solution.

I am amazed this problem exists. I'm suffering it on a free basis. I'm so glad I didn't sign up for the family service. Spotify your software is rubbish. Shame on you for taking peoples money with no intention of fixing your software. 

Hey folks, thanks for sending this all over!

I'd love to take a closer look at this. Could you all head over to the issue report here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-login-because-Spotify-says-I-m-offline/idi-p/3...?

Spotify can take a closer look at this issue and update the status on that page.

Hope you're having an awesome day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Your kidding. You can't hide your head in the sand and simply close issues.
Is this too hard for you? Get a real programmer.

Huib - that link re-directs to a Closed issue. You might want to update your post to this link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Offline-Issue/idi-p/3259958

Same here with android 7.0. On the previous android version it just worked fine, but now I can't log in, because it says I'm offline (I'm not, the internet works fine on my phone) 

I just used it in "Offline mode" the day before. 

If I clear the cache&data, it allows me to log in but I lose every downloaded playlists and have to download them again with wifi... This is ridiculous, please fix this!!

Worked for me - thx. Still had to re-download 6GB of music though. Sigh

how do i fix this issue!!!! i am paying for this.

same problem...

Hey Spotify. You are taking money for a service you dont provide. I have premium primarily for the offline listening feature. I have no internet where I live. I download music in town to listen to at home. Seeing as this is an ongoing issue, I have been without music more weeks than with the last few months. Seems as if you have no intention of fixing this issue. There are many other options now. Either you owe me three months free; or I will be switching to a trustworthy company. This is b.s.

Well, after chatting with Spotify for hours and being told to uninstall/reinstall/redownload music for the umpteenth time, I finally got a couple months reimbursed on my debit. For such a large company, your customer service is a joke. Shouldn't be the users responsibility to redownload music every week because you cant fix a basic glitch in your software. I work weeks at a time away from internet. This means that whenever this happens(which is often) I have to go without music for weeks until I am back in town. I am very disappointed as I love the interface and song selection. Customer service gets a D-. And you have no phone number? lol OKAAAYYY Spotify. I will be over at Amazon, Apple, or Tidal until you get your **bleep** together. -A frustrated former customer- 😞

Same problem. Spotify customer service - what is the solution? If I have to re download then I may want to claim my money back. Please let me know how you are managing this. 

Many thanks 

New customer. Was loving the app until I got logged out while the app was purposefully in offline mode. Now I can't log in. This thread makes it obvious I'll have to reinstall to resolve. Not willing put up with this more than 1 or 2 times. Very surprised to see this has been an issue for months.

I have the same issue. This completely defeats the purpose of the offline mode if any update locks me out of the app until I can get online again, reinstall the app, and redownload ALL the songs. I pay for Spotify because of offline access.

I have tried the so-called workaround of hitting Cancel, deleting and re-entering my password, and hitting Login again. It doesn't work and no one has ever reported here that it works. Then Spotify decided this issue is not important and closed it. Thanks, Spotify, for caring SO MUCH about your paying customers.

Your dev team really should work on the app's connection with the SD Card. If you somehow found a way to separate and store the music we've downloaded from the app to the SD Card, we wouldn't have to download all the songs again after clearing app data.

How can we eject our SD Cards and mount it again without deleting the downloaded music, but not be able to eject the SD Card, clear the app data, re-insert the SD Card and return with all our files still intact? 

Same for me! at this point I left for work on a ship, and downloaded some music beforehand in offline mode. Right now shall be stuck because must download it all again, but shall be wasting all my data.

Hope they fix it, otherwise I am done with spotify.

@all,

PLEASE go here and vote this issue up.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Offline-Mode-can-result-in-inability-to-login-forcin...

I don't know if that issue reporting system is effective, but worth a vote to see if we can get our issue into the dev backlog.

Like all of you and as a SaaS developer myself, I am more than a little surprised this issue has not received the love it deserves from the Spotify team. This problem essentially bricks the app--forcing uninstall/reinstall, and thus re-download of your offline content....only to repeat the cycle when the issue rears its ugly head again. For users who rely on Offline Mode while out in BFE for days on end, it means Spotify can leave them music-starved and frustrated.

I scanned through this thread and it appears to be only Android users. Anyone see this issue on an iPhone?

@Spotify, sure would be nice to see something of an "official" recognition of this issue. As a customer, I understand you might have bigger priorities in the dev queue, but simply saying "we hear you and we recognize this is an important issue to resolve" can make a big difference. If that has already happened, please reply to point us to that response.

Thanks!

I cancelled my subscription  that is how I solved it

fix it, it's a stupid bug

Suggested posts