Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

331 Replies

I finally found a permanent solution!  After extremely poor follow up, technical support, and unstable software, I decided to fix the problem myself.  Do, I found it helps a lot if you terminate your Spotify membership, delete the app, then try google play music.  I would have gone for pandora but it’s not available here.  Play is working flawlessly.  Good luck! 

I hope Spotify will give reimbursement to premium users fir not being able to access our music.  And for thr time spend redownloading.  And still no fix?  Who is running this show? 

what is daft is continuing to support a service that does not listen to its
customers , the few people like myself who has cancelled their
subscriptions, might invoke some decent response from Spotify and maybe
help out others who continue to bang their head against the wall hoping
Spotify will hear the noise.

Calm down homie I feel you frustration but don't let it take you there and
apologize for the late response. When it happened to me I was pissed as
well but all I did was go to my Google play store go to Spotify app and
uninstall then reinstall it and everything should work out that what helped
me so you don't lose all your music

i encountered this error for the first time today, i checked and this thread was created last aug 8, 2017

am i correct to assume that almost 6 months has passed and there is still no solution to this bug?

Doesn't help when you're offline because you're out of data or out of range
and the downloaded music gets wiped when you reinstall too.
Hopeless attitude from a company that's charging money.

I decided to try the advice of going into settings then apps and clearing
data and cache. I did not lose any music. So far so good!

Not sure I understand as the data is your music try going offline and see
if its still there.

I have a year subscription, so why does it say to go online in 29 days?  Shouldn't it say 364 days???

This is really not acceptable. What is the reason of premiuim and offline. If i cant listen music when I want what is the catch? I will not going to renew my sub. Im good with my 2tb worth of .flac, .aac and mp3 archive. I can listen them whenever i want atleast.

Not working.... 

This is ridiculous.  The solution should be simple - just give a toggle to go to online mode AT the login screen.  You already have the UI and code that it triggers in the Settings area - literally just copy that UI element over to the login screen so that people who hit this can go online while not logged in.

Come on.

I just did the exact same thing and i used my data to reinstall the app and found out that all my downloaded albums and playlists are not downloaded. I dont think i can download them now bcos that would use too much data.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my membership this month since I can't use it.

Great solution. Lose your preferences and have to re-download everything back to the phone. Problems go back to 2014? Chuckle. Yeah bear with us. (snicker laugh *cough* laugh).

This implies Spotify does not allow Offline download and playback. I can do that with Neutron Music Player and my own tunes - why do I pay a monthly fee?

If this problem is being worked on by spotify then why should I be charged a monthly fee for something that doesn't work. I am close to deleating spotify.... this has been pointless to have considering I cannot use it

Same issue. Too many people with this problem.... and they not find a solution??

...this is futile , it's been an issue so long I feel the Spotify Android
developers are just not up to the task of fixing this issue I'm sure the
root of the issue lies in their privacy rules regarding offline use, but
hey if you know your stuff you know it if you don't???? maybe find another
job.
it's a shame because Spotify is a great service unfortunately due to this
issue , I have cancelled my subscription but i will keep an eye open in
the future just to see if they ever fix this debilitating glitch

Hey guys, I had same issue BUT 1st i i downloaded app on pc and logged in properly through Facebook 2nd reinstalled app on phone 3rd tried to log in through "Connect" Email and Password and not through Facebook. I managed to get  all my data back without any issue because it was synchronized with spotify on pc! 🙂

Hope it helps

Same issue here. This is a bad one, and evidently it's been known for months. 

Suggested posts