can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

-n9hkcqr_s907
Regular

You should download your favorite playlists so you can listen offline. That is what I do.

TroyWolf
Roadie

Are you kidding, @-n9hkcgr_s907? That's the whole point here. We are using the offline mode to listen to our downloaded playlists. When this issue raises its ugly head, you can't even listen to downloaded music because the app wants you to re-login, but fails because you are in offline mode.

Personally not an issue for me because Google Music is working great for me. I liked Spotify better, but this issue ruined it for me and many others.

mperone
Casual Listener
This is the stupidest thing any company has ever done.... Offline mode requires online access

Great
Highlighted

AdamHawes32
Casual Listener

Which is what i had done but even with premium it doesn't let me listen to those playlists which i obiviously download because that is the topic at hand here, but spotify kicks me out and makes me login again(which isn't possible without internet so if it happens on the go you're **bleep** for the time) and even when i do login again, i get a message telling me i can't sign in because I'm in offline mode, which was how I listened to those same downloaded playlists but not it's preventing me from logging back in and the only solution i get from support is to redownload gb's worth of my spotify music or genius such as yourself giving obvious and redundant things that any simpleton would have long since tried. Don't quit your day job for online tech support.

Makramg
Visitor

I'm getting really fed up with Spotify. I can't understand why Spotify isn't able to solve this problem that's occuring for such a long time. This morning the problem changed. I hoped the problem was solved but I should've known better...... I can't login (because I'm offline) Spotify sends me a mail with a link  to login. This link should be valid for 4 hours. When I click the link is says the link isn't valid anymore. No Spotify for me today... Terrible customer care....

yorpeli
Casual Listener

Extremely annoying. And sorry, reinstalling and redownloading all my playlists is not an acceptable solution. Get someone on your product team to prioritize this bug.

yorpeli
Casual Listener
Almost two years now...

Feemorganelle
Casual Listener
I had the same problem. You are right, it is frustrating.
Solution!

Hey all,

If you are experiencing any issues with logging in, please take a look at the following Support page:

https://support.spotify.com/article/problems-logging-in-to-spotify/

It contains all scenarios and troubleshooting steps needed. If you are sure that none of the scenarios apply, please create a new topic.

We've blocked replies to this topic for now. Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS