can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

kevlav

Just ran into this same issue.  Incredible that the app is dumb enough to not let you log back in if you're set to offline....  Fix this!!!

AnnayraL
Regular

I was told my "account was broken" and to create a new account, they transferred all my playlists and stuff, but still it didn't work. 

Zerg
Visitor

I am having this same issue. Everytime I restart my phone I have to redownload the app and all my music. This is not what I am paying a subscription for. This might be the end of my premium subscription if it is not fixed soon.

ci4316

Apprently it's not helpful LOL.

AnnayraL
Regular

Solved it: after several tries at different solutions with the chat online and through email, what did it is this last thing: 

We have a few troubleshooting steps we'd like you to try:

1. Remove and re-insert your SD card.
  2. Uninstall the Spotify app on your device.
  3. Clear your device's cache.
  4. Reinstall the Spotify app.

On another note, if you device uses battery saving mode, we'd suggest turning it off.

We'd also recommend you turn off automatic updates in your device's settings.  "

I'm going to try to copy this response to other threads with this topic, please let me know if it works for you guys as well. 

Johnmg88
Regular

Not happy, this bug has been going on for ages and is still the same.

I've got about 50 meg of data left for this month so even if this works I won't be able to listen to anything since all my downloads will be gone. For a second time this month since I have just had to do a similar solution to stop the app randomly deleting my downloaded playlists.

alchokem
Visitor

Spotify, when are you going to fix this problem?  This should have been fixed long ago. I too am a premium customer who is growing increasingly frustrated with the your apparent indifference to what is a serious issue. Fix it!!

Wardrivingpimp
Casual Listener

Thanks! This worked for me

flatop
Music Fan

..this is bull**bleep** re-install??  how many times /   this is up to Spotify to fix not paying  customers > How about a simple online/offline button on the login screen ?

BasGunz

Try just clearing the app cache, worked for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS