can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

maredc
Visitor

In a word, no. Spotify doesn't give a **bleep** about UX.

aberal

Same issue. It's now three months since the original post- and it seems like nothing has been done. Tried clearing tyre cache, but that didn't work. 

Aloyan
Music Fan

First, on your device go to settings. Then, go to playback. If you see the “offline mode thingy”, Off it. Then you are now online... If you still can’t, contact Spotify ;)

-Aloy

- Aloy

Johnmg88
Regular

This is why we are here. When the app crashes in offline mode the it sometimes logs the user out and there's no way to log back in to get into the settings.

"You are offline please go online to log in"

Total catch 22 only cured by uninstalling and reinstalling, defeating the purpose of offline data saving.

flatop
Music Fan

I wish it were that simple Aloy , like an offline/online button on the login screen now THAT would be simple!

jordanthagreat
Casual Listener

Im having the same issue right now but luckily i just transfered all my playlists to my sd card so i should be okay.

onemstchange
Regular

Just wait till you go to use a play list, and surprise! Spotify took it upon itself to delete all play lists for some unknown reason.  **bleep**show.

jordanthagreat
Casual Listener
Yup just realised that now...

pumi

Same here. This is ridiculous reinstalling an app because of a login issue?
I am cancelling my subsciption.

jessica52

Try going into your settings on your phone, going into the Spotify section and then switching mobile data on. For some reason Spotify had automatically switched itself off on mine.

SUGGESTED POSTS