can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

snidero90
Casual Listener

Same issue, I don't even know why I got logged out? In the past 3 months all other family members of my account were logged out and I had to cancel their invites and re-send them, that's another issue. I discovered I can't have more than 3.333 songs offline on my phone. And now this??? I swear to God, if one day I'll lose all my saved songs and can't regain them somehow...I'll probably already be a paying customer elsewhere.

Now, Spotify, GO FIX THIS ISSUE.

snidero90
Casual Listener

ALSO THIS POST IS NOT SOLVED, stop marking it as such!

gesi20

Hi all!

Just had this issue on my android phone. I solved it by going to phone settings -> apps -> spotify 

i cleared cache, cleared all data and stoped the the app.

i tried to login after and loged in normally .

You can try it in this order but be awarethat it cleans the albums and songs you have downloaded :(

Ultimus

I'm having the same issue. I had the app set to offline and after upgrading to android Oreo, I got logged out and cannot relogin. 

This should be a really easy problem to fix (on the developer's side) , as it must store the 'offline' setting in Android's SharedPreferences.

The fact that this question is marked as solved (lol) simply tells me that I should probably give my money elsewhere.

Downloading gigs of songs again is not an option, nor a valid answer. 

farbror_ernst
Casual Listener

This happened to me yesterday. Had to reinstall the app, and then redownloaded several gigs of music over mobile data as I am far away from Wifi. Today it happened again. Not possible to login as I am apparently offline, and all offline songs I downloaded yesterday have been lost, I suppose. Extremely frustrating.

Shragenator

Same issue with android version.  Has always worked fine up until now.  

Paying premium customer and very unhappy from this -- considering switching off

Draggonfodder

Having same problem every couple of days which sucks because I work offshore and don't always have access to wifi.  The whole idea of "going offline" is to be able to listen to your downloaded music, but somehow that seems to make it to where I can't even do that.  Then if I restart my phone or the app, I have to relog, but of course I'm offline so I can't.  Premium user also, think this might be the last straw for me unfortunately.  I've heard there are other pretty decent apps out there for offline music.  About time to try one I think.

Goodbye Spotify.

AcidUK
Casual Listener

Same issue for me. Please fix this.

hefty_merv
Casual Listener

I have just been signed out, unable to log in due to being offline. Spotify sort your **bleep** out... Uninstalling the APP is not an option, its just bad code writing on your behalf... 

Michael Hughes

fabioel

Same issue here. I find it intolerable to remove all music and reinstall the app. Please fix this issue

SUGGESTED POSTS