Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

331 Replies

It's happened to me again. it's second time, going to sub apple music enough with this **bleep**. What is the use if I can't listen my music offline. I'm not running around with ethernet cable in my ***.

The issues continues and not peep on when or if this issue willbe fixed. This is bad customer service Spotify. Please fix so I'm not redownloading my music over and over again.

Now it deleted all my music, because too many devices using spotify: yeah, my mobile broke down, used a friend's one untill I had new one and why not wouldn't it delete the latest downloads, srsly, if too many devices use spotify, u could delete the old 2 device's downloads...again that happened before a 24 hours busride

You should get better testers for the app. It's one of the most use app for music streaming, and even when paying for a premium subscription you face this type of issues. Way dissapoiting tbh.

It's a shame that this ridiculous bug still persist.

Just happened to me top. First the downloaded songs disappear and now this. Spotify sucks right now.

I offer

This issue isnt fixed?

Had this problem for the first time today. Nexus 6p with the most recent Spotify update. I always have it set to offline when I'm out and my phone died. Today, tried to use it, and it had logged me out and I tried to log in and it said I couldn't because I wasn't "online". 

This is a VERY annoying problem. The work around solution DOES NOT WORK. I had to uninstall the app and wait until I got back on Wi-Fi to download my music (thank god I have fast internet) but that really isn't the point. 

FIX THIS PLEASE before I fall asleep driving home because I have NO MUSIC.

Please help

I cant log in it tells me my account doesnt exist and i tried changing my password didnt work i tried deleting the app didnt work i tried new account and nothings working please someone help it getting REALLY ANNOYING

Hey man, im sorry, but you cant just say you cant fiz It. Second time around I had to redo everything. I was really happy about the app, now I see its just another good idea with a crappy execution. Im giving another week then Ill cancel the premium account.

Got this problem for the first time today. Worked fine yesterday but suddenly now it's logged out and I can't get in. This is beyond annoying as I have to reinstall and download all my playlists. Seeing as this is such an old problem with no solution is just bad service. Fix asap!

You simply don't know do you?

What a ridiculous set up, this is the worst paid app I have ever used.

Get this sorted or I'd like money back. 

And another thing. Any chance of once this idiocy had been sorted, you can stop making me download my supposed offline music every 6 months? Thanks. 

(If I have to reinstall this app once more I'm leaving. What a cheap and tacky service for £10 a month!)

Same. Its not working when I am home, but when I am at the studio, it plays fine. I have tried everything on this forum and nothing has worked.

This solution doesnt work if your spotify account is connected with your Facebook. Also many phones come with spotty as a preloaded app and cannot be uninstalled.  SPOTIFY FIND A SOLUTION BEFORE I CAN MY SUBSCIPTION 

This happened to me for the first time last Sunday, since then it has happened 100% of the times i use offline mode.

What a trainwreck of a problem, the nonchalant way this issue seem to be handled blows my mind. The workaround is a joke and does nothing.

I guess ill just have to not use offline mode from now on...

***FOUND A WORKING SOLUTION/APP***

All I did was download an older version of Spotify from a trusted source called XDA Developers. They have a 'Stable' and 'Beta' version, I am using the 'Beta' version. In order to install the app, you need to allow installing from "unknown sources." Go to Settings > Security > 'Unknown Sources' > Allow/etc. If you have trouble, please go here. <--

Unfortunately, you have to create an account to download from XDA since it is a community. This only takes a few minutes. Here is the link ----------> https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.spotify.music

The reason I am posting the link from the original site instead of hosting it myself is for your safety, ensuring I did not add malicious code to the app.

I now can search for music and listen to radio stations again. Hope this helps you as well!!

Spotify, your programmers are a joke. Get a better development team that actually works. Oh, and get your s*** together before you start losing customers!

ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH SPOTIFY??????????

AGAIN IN JUST 48 HOURS I'M LOCKED OUT OF THE APP AND WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL AND RE DOWNLOAD ALL MY MUSIC.

I DEMAND A REFUND.

YOU ARE NOT PROVIDING THE SERVICE YOU PROMISE.

I created a new thread for the solution I had found: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Android-App-Offline-Issues-Fix-3-23-18/td-p/4430919

Any feedback would be awesome as to whether or not it works for others or just me. Thanks.

Suggested posts