Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

can't log in because it says i'm offline

I somehow was signed out of my spotify acount on my android phone and now when i try to log bak in is says I am set to offline mode which I was on my acount but how am I supposed to go online if I can't sign into my account? My email and password are both correct.

331 Replies

Ok, that's enough Spotify. I've had to reinstall and download all my music three times in the last fortnight because of this issue and I'm fed up. Subscription has been cancelled. Let me know if you ever listen to your customers and fix the bug. Until then, adios.

@KatieKat99 wrote:

Ok, that's enough Spotify. I've had to reinstall and download all my music three times in the last fortnight because of this issue and I'm fed up. Subscription has been cancelled. Let me know if you ever listen to your customers and fix the bug. Until then, adios.

Went back to google music myself. It's a shame because I loved Spotify when it worked. The fact that they won't even acknowledge this thread is enough for me to not come back even when they fox this.

This has happened to me more than once, still no solution.

I'm sorry, but the alleged "work around" isn't acceptable. I'm reinforcing what everyone else is saying: reinstalling the app forces me to re-download all my off-line content and also reconfigure the app to my favorite settings each time. That does not help at all.

It's doing it again now

It's causing problems now. Some horrible lag. Could y'all's problem be lag? My Vista is still refusing to log on without a lot of changes.

Just like all the others here I run into the issue that my app was logged out and I'm not able to login again because I was offline. In my case I had run an update off the app on my android phone. This isn't the first time that this has happened to me and the presented solution does not work as it keeps you in a loop and in fact I haven't read if it did for anyone.

I've recently upgraded my premium license to a family membership because we all want to use it, I honestly wonder if this was the right thing to do when I see how long this issue has been going on for and if this will ever be fixed without the need to reinstall the app and download your playlists again.

What does Spotify need to be able to tackle this problem?

Marcos.

Can you Android pull up Spotify in your; or it's, web browser? 

uninstall/ reinstall worked for me BUT unfortunately it clears my downloaded songs!!! i have no choice, just download songs again 😅 

Simple. Consider the alternatives - no one is locked in and moving
money away will help them realize there needs to be a fix. With my non-
renewal they asked why and I gave the service the worst rating (so it
comes up on their radar) and told them specifically that this bug was
why I was leaving.
I will be starting a Google Music option to compare. One feature there,
is the ability to upload songs (not in GM) to the cloud v. maintaining
on the device. Google Music has a 4.2 rating on Apple App Store so it
doesn't suck wind. I have read that the GM app isn't as polished as it
should be but whatever. Not to say I enter that world without any cares
- I think Spotify's cross-platform implementation is the best I have
seen since ever. The fact I can hand off from my phone to the PS4 and
back is brilliant. Neither GM or Apple Music are on the PS4.
That said --- a *MAJOR* selling feature for premium is to play offline -
and Android users cannot guarantee that.
belly

Reinstalling the app worked just fine for me.

Yeah, I know it works, thanks though. But it meant I couldn't listen to any
of my music offline while I was travelling. It was the worst timing. That
shouldn't be the solution. When you have ~2000 tracks downloaded the time
it takes (and when you already made sure it was all set before travelling).
Besides, the message is ridiculous. Asking you to go online to sign in,
when you can't go online unless you are signed in... its a terrible catch

Yeah, I couldn't do that because I was travelling and had no wifi. I wasn't
about to spend that much data doing it.... there needs to be a better fix

It was my android that was doing it. I was travelling but just got the
message telling me to go online to sign in, when I couldn't go online
unless I was signed in. The day before I left home I made sure it was all
downloaded. It meant not being able to listen to my music offline the
entire time I was away (no wifi). I had to reinstall but it meant having to
re-download everything when back home.

Exactly. Re-installing gets you going again, sure. But the problem returns. And obviously it means you don't have any music until you can get Internet access again to re-install AND you lose your downloaded tracks, and some people put a lot of effort into making sure they have their stuff downloaded.

I don't agree with the messages that are like pure hatred towards Spotify. Despite this issue, I continue to feel I'm getting my value for my subscription. I hate this issue--yes. I remain shocked that Spotify does not fix this. As I've said before, my professional developer opinion/assumption is that this would not be a difficult problem to circumvent. I can't imagine they'd need to throw more than one resource at this issue for a day or 3. Of course it might be much more difficult than that--I was wrong once before. 😉

So this is still happening to me.  Your proposed workaround does not function.  There -is- no delete password option when using facebook to connect.

If there's a solution, what is it?

Drew

If you are using the App you will need to uninstall and re-install. It works after that but you'll need to download everything agian.

I don't really feel like that's acceptable.

closing  your account  is the only solution to this problem, has been ongoing for some time now and no response from devs, too busy in the circle **bleep** I think.

Can someone please help me with this issue ASAP and give me a real working solution. I have tried doing all the bandaid 'solutions' you have suggested but still cannot access my music which I pay for. This is so unbelievably frustrating and the user experience is so poor!

When is this ongoing issue actually going to be remedied? What are you going to offer to paying customers who have been inconvenienced by this issue?

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 1.56.40 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 1.56.52 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 1.56.59 pm.png

Same problem. Very limited internet here where I am at the moment. So! Please fix! Preferably with forcing your users to download their offline tracks.

This is, unfortunately, not the first time this has happened to me. I remember once, I was going in a vacation with my family to Norway and because I would be a lot of hours in a car and without internet, I had downloaded what I wanted to hear on my phone. As I am on the ferry, I take out my phone and launches Spotify. It comes up with a message that I need to upgrade Spotify before I can use it. There is no way out if that. So I do. And afterwards, all my offline songs are gone. Literally as I am leaving my home network (sailing out into open sea) I am now left with a blank Spotify. Thank you not so much.

Jørn

Suggested posts