can't log in because it says i'm offline

Solved!

Re: can't log in because it says i'm offline

Go4Walk

Hey Spotify you are losing customers because you can't be bothered to fix this problem. I am cancelling because:

- you say it is solved - it is not

- your solution is a temporary fix - and a major headache to perform

- you appear not to be listening to your 'Premium' customer (I don't feel very Premium with this level of surface

- why am I paying for crappy service that doesn't meet my needs

Looking after customers who have been with you for a while should be a priority.

Good Bye

Re: Offline Mode can "brick" Spotify

TroyWolf
Roadie

ARGH. My issue was "CLOSED" as a duplicate, but my closed issue still allows people to vote it up. Apparently, we should focus our collective power on this issue report instead:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Offline-Issue/idi-p/3259958

The comments are closed on this "official" issue report. It has a status of "Not right now" as well as a "work-around" that unfortunately does not work. If we create a new issue report, it ends up closed as duplicate.

At this point I don't know what to do to get the right eyes on this critical issue. My concern is that the Spotify project managers and developers will simply see a "Not right now" issue that appears to have a work-around and thus continue to basically ignore this problem.

People are actually cancelling their subscription over this issue--an issue that is a technical bug. It is something that should be relatively easy to troubleshoot and resolve. I am a software developer, so I don't say that carelessly.

Please, everyone who cares about this, go to this issue and vote it up.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Offline-Issue/idi-p/3259958

Re: Offline Mode can "brick" Spotify

afroflare

Annoying they aren't doing anything or saying anything new 

saurabh1
Casual Listener

no, your response wasnt helpful. here is why:

a. I dont think i need to reinstall the app while i am travelling on international waters. 

if i do what you have suggested it defeats the purpose of having paid 10£ a month for the last donkeys years to have offline capability.

b. if for the sake of arguement i was to reinstall the app, while i am countries like Sri Lanka, India  or Burma or anyothers where infrastructure is an issue, i will be looking at sitting in my hotel room and downloading music for a month at Imbps speeds shared between tens of guests. 

c. the solution isnt a uninstall/reinstall app, this is a bug which spotify need to address. 

so NO this response is not useful.

Andyhauss

I too cannot use my spotify because if this offline issue. I want a refund @spotify as you are charging me for something I cannot use and NO I will not waste my time reinstalling and re  downloading.

Sanfrancyco415
Casual Listener

Spotify wants to act like their for the people y'all just a bunch crooks got us paying for something that should be free any f-ing way. This is why I dont trust things cuz of situation like this. Thanks Spotify for making me a true believer all corporations are out for one thing the poor man's money

justsimplyjulia

I pay $14 dollars a darn month for the offline feature because I never have internet, and now I gotta reinstall the app And download my music all over again ?????? Excuse ?? I pay you guys money and this is what happens? Screw this **bleep**. If it isn't resolved soon, a lot more people are gonna find music elsewhere. 

Including me.

-a very pissed off Spotify user

TroyWolf
Roadie

I am pretty sure this will not be received well by all, but...I'm active in this thread because Spotify has a bug--a bug that I and many of us consider rather critical to fix. We feel like Spotify not only has ignored the problem but has failed to even properly acknowledge the issue.

Do I think the company--the people of--Spotify are crooks? No, I have no reason to believe that. Do I think Spotify should pay highly-skilled people to develop software, pay for enough storage to hold millions of songs, pay for enough bandwidth to stream songs to millions of users, pay licensing fees to the owners of the music, etc.....for free? No. That is ludicrous.

I also want talented people who create music for my enjoyment to be compensated somehow--so they may be free to create for me. We can argue over how much is fair, but to suggest that people can't make a living producing content for others to enjoy is ludicrous. These are the licensing fees paid by service providers such as radio stations, Spotify, and others.

Is it OK for people to be mad about this bug? Sure it is! But let's not derail our rather simple, direct request to fix a specific bug. Let's not turn this into a "Spotify is evil" and "Music should be free" tirade.

Can't we all just get along? ;)

Manda9881

I have the same problem on android and ipod. I tried logging out on my phone but now can't get logged back in because I am offline. So leaving my iPod touch logging in but it says I will be logged in 30 days. I want to download new stuff before I go on holiday I am on premium with my partner. I may consider going elsewhere.

captainEmma
Casual Listener

Quickest fix people: clear all your app data.

(for Android users)

go to settings -> application manager -> spotify -> clear data & cache

Regards,

Computer Science student and all-around heroine

SUGGESTED POSTS