Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't log in

can't log in

I've installed Spotify on my mobile phone as well as on my laptop using the same passoword. But everytime I try to log in at my laptop I get the information that either my username or passoword is incorrect. So I deinstalled and reistalled the spotify app on my laptop about three times, reset my passoword for about 15 times, but alway the same problem, I still cannot log in?? Any help or suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

HP ProBook

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey @fleckle.

Welcome to the Community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in! 

We recommend you check out this article and go through the steps. They should help you out!

We hope you get reunited with your music soon. Let us know if you need more help with this or anything else 🙂 

Have a great day.

Dear Daisy,

thank you for your answer! Unfortunatley I still have troubles with my spotify account. Everytime I try to log in I have to reset my password first in order to be able to use spotify, this is really annoying. And everytime I reset it on my laptop it wouldn't allow me to log in on my mobile phone and vice versa. Any further suggestions??

Kind regards,
Sarah

Hey @fleckle.

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying those steps.

That's odd! Just to confirm, do you receive the password reset link in your inbox when you click on Reset Password?

When you do gain access to your account, do you notice any suspicious activity (e.g. unrecognised devices connecting to your account, weird music playing, etc.)

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Hi Peter,

thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, I do receive everytime the password reset link in my inbox and I have "changed" my old password using the same password again (might that be a problem?), no matter if I asked for a reset on my mobile phone or laptop. So, for example, if I have reset the password on my laptop it will work for the webplayer (not for the downloaded app though!) but I won't be allowed to login, using the same password I just reset, on my mobile phone?!

No unrecognised devices connecting to my account, no weird music playing...

Thanks a lot!

Sarah

That's odd! Just to confirm, do you receive the password reset link in your inbox when you click on Reset Password?

When you do gain access to your account, do you notice any suspicious activity (e.g. unrecognised devices connecting to your account, weird music playing, etc.)

Hey @fleckle.

Thanks for getting back to us with that info.

That really is odd. Just to make sure, could you try the following and let us know what happens:

1. Reset the password
  2. Open the web player
  3. If you are signed in already, sign out and sign back in again with your new password

If that still doesn't work, get back to us and we'll give you some more steps to try.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Suggested posts