Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't login on phone or in windows

Solved!

can't login on phone or in windows

i can login to my account on the website spotify.com but when i use the app on my android phone it says incorrect username or password

when i login with the windows spotify program same problem. incorrect username or password.

what gives?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kent2, Welcome to the community! 🙂

When you try and log into the Mobile/Desktop application, do you use your Email address or your Spotify username?

You need to use your Spotify username when trying to log into the Spotify Applications 🙂

You can find your Username here 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kent2, Welcome to the community! 🙂

When you try and log into the Mobile/Desktop application, do you use your Email address or your Spotify username?

You need to use your Spotify username when trying to log into the Spotify Applications 🙂

You can find your Username here 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

that certainly solved my problem. i was trying to login with my email address. thought that was the username but it was not.

thanks a lot. your help was much appreciated. you're a legend!

Thanks so much!!! This has been frustrating me all day, I've reinstalled, changed my password and finally an answer and I'm now logged in and it was so much simpler than I was making it haha 🙂 Greatly Appreciated

If the automated response had this, instead of the rubbish unhelpful advice copied/pasted from their website ("tech support" automated answer is simply stuff on their "help" pages here) I'd have had my account back *HOURS* ago.... Wish I could give you a hundred more kudos - your answer worked for me as well 😄

Suggested posts