Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cancel subscription

cancel subscription

Hi, I wanted to cancel my subscription, but it says 'please contact your bank' or something like that. I was paying by automatic bill payment.

so I changed this in my bank account and deleted the automatic bill payment. and I still don't see a change in my spotify account. It still says: do you want to cancel your subscription? and then I can't even change my payment method and it says your getting charged 9,99€ on the 14th of january (which is already over) unless you cancel your subscription. I want to safely cancel it but it wont work. I dont want to be charged extra money, just because I canceled the bill payment and I am still using premium.

can you please help me??

4 Replies

Have you tried logging out and then in again ?

yes, nothing changed

To be on the safe side, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will take a look. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

If you where paying by direct debit and have cancelled it from your bank account no money can leave as part of that direct debit setup to Spotify. You sometimes find that once a payment fails, Spotify leave your account on premium for a period of time before they retry payment. If you haven't paid it should eventually revert to free.

If in doubt, get in touch as @Joe mentioned above and the payments team can double check this for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts