Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

canceling account without access to email or password

Solved!

canceling account without access to email or password

i have a premium account associated with my old school email which i no longer have access to. i have lost the password for my account as well. i wish to cancel the account/regain access to it as i am currently paying the subscription and not having access to it. How do i cancel the account without my password? thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Indeed, as suggested above the best thing you can do is to get in touch with Spotify. Please provide as much details as possible, because they need to verify that you're the rightful owner of the account.

(Something like your credit card, if you've ever paid with it, or your date of birth etc).

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Youre gonna have to contact them cause if you cant get into your account theres not much you can do. You can get them at: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Hope this helps

Gavin

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Indeed, as suggested above the best thing you can do is to get in touch with Spotify. Please provide as much details as possible, because they need to verify that you're the rightful owner of the account.

(Something like your credit card, if you've ever paid with it, or your date of birth etc).

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

I have been trying to do exactly this but getting no where
So being charged for something I'm not even using

I have the same problem but i don’t know how to solve it. The username was made by spotify automaticly so i don’t know what it was. Does someone know what to do?

I have the same issue. Have you by any chance figured out how to cancel yet, I'm stressing out over here?

Just go through help and then click the "need more help" button. YOu can open a chat and give them your cc info. Then they can cancel or let you know what info is on your account! I just did it and it took 30 min but was pretty painless. 

Hi! 

Do you have a link I can follow to solve this? The ones I find ask for me to use the email address and username that is asociated with the account. I don't know what my username is and my email address is asociated with my old work email. Is there anyway that I can use my current email address to reset this? I have a premium account which I would like to access again! 

Thanks! 

Suggested posts