Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cancelling subscription not possible

Solved!

cancelling subscription not possible

hi,

I would like to cancel my premium subscription, but the system does not allow that.

It asks for email: I enter the email I use for login to spotify (same email as in Facebook). 

Password: same password I use for spotify and facebook. Yet the password is not accepted.

If i try to retrieve the password, it says I should change the FB password. my FB- password works, for spotify and facebook. only place it does not work is cancelling the subscription

Ive already paid a month subscription more then I wanted, because im not able to cancel!

edit: using newest firefox 12.0, not logged into facebook.

also, is there any "real" support for spotify? since its a paid service I would like to speak to someone who took my money...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey.

That's odd. You can try canceling in another browser like Firefox or log out first from Facebook when you try to Cancel your subscription.

Spotify will miss you if you go. You can go back at any time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey.

That's odd. You can try canceling in another browser like Firefox or log out first from Facebook when you try to Cancel your subscription.

Spotify will miss you if you go. You can go back at any time.

yay, was able to cancel with Internet Explorer - solved.

Theres a difference in the process between firefox and ie.

in firefox, im asked for a password on a spotify site. most likely it has to be a spotify password.

In IE, the spotify site says "please enter your FB password in the following FB form". after that a facebook-login-screen opens, and all is good.

I *loved* spotify the first week i had it, Ive bought music and subscription. the first thing I test with new subscriptions is how well i can end them - and this is where spotify failed me completely. also, beeing reminded all the time about having to spend my credits does not feel right.

Im happy though that the problem could be solved so fast and hope spotify will become even better! Iplease sell the mobile app separately, I only need that 😉

Suggested posts