Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot invite family member

Solved!

cannot invite family member

Hi,

recently upgraded my account to family, added my little brother, seems to work. But now I cant add my other brother. Shouldnt it be possible to add up to 4 family members? Invite button is not shown in family section of my account settings.

Best

74 Replies

My brother has invited me for Spotify Family, but when I click on the invation link in the mail and try to sign up, there is an error. Somebody can help me? I think it maybe has to do because my account is linked with Facebook, but I'm not sure. But it's surely very strange that I can't login with my normal mail adresse and password, only with Facebook login. 

Hi Mathies5,

Try to open a new account. That may solved your problem.

I had my little girls in Family Premium and last day they will be canceled by "Postal Code" wrong. They live with me!!! They has under 12 years. How can I do to solve?

Best regards

Hey @elbuenjulio,

If you're the Family Admin, send by yourself the link generated through INVITE WITH LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I sent an invite to my girlfriend. FB crashed and she still can't get in. I had the same problem when she had family and I couldnt get in

This support sucks really hard. I can't add my family members - it worked over the last year without any problems- but since the last period all members (2) fell out of premium and cant come back.

Hi,
The invitation mail isnt sent to my wives email. What can I do about that?

Hey @Cribz111

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create a new account for her (if she hasn't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since she'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

She will now have a Free account, so the next step is for her to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the email she used to create her account. If she doesn't get it, try inviting her again from a different browser/incognito window.

If that doesn't help, she should change the email on her Spotify account, and then try inviting her again, sending the request to this new email.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I can not add my wife anymore (maybe Spotify tries to tell me something). She felt out of the family members and when I invite her again it tells her that she can not be associated with the family subscription. We have the same last name and post code. This sucks really really bad since I tried everything and she can not use it to go running. Any idea? Postcode and Last Name match......

thanks! 

Hey @MarcMusico

If you're the Family Admin, send the invite again. Let her accept the invite logged in with her own username in the app and in the website. She should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of her being left out.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I recently changed over to the family plan. That in itself was 40 minutes of my life I won't get back. After I finally managed to get onto the family plan it is seemingly impossible to get family members to get on. Trying to get some sort of help from Spotify is also as impossible. Might just cancle the whole thing. Pity because I like the idea but it is just too hard.

Hey @Annoyed9

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks Rock Star. The directions you have provided are similar to what I get from Spotify. This is a pity because I really love Spotify but this has to be the most useless and stupid process I have ever come across. No matter how many times I try I keep getting the same stupid message which says "Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan. ".

So for my wife I have created her own free Spotify account and I have sent her an invite and I go through the process and there it is again, the Spotify equivalent to "**bleep** of we really do not want you to continue with us" Frustration is crazy and I do not want to exit out of Spotify because if I do go back to the personal account I will probably lose everything. Maybe Spotify should look at how Netflix involves family members, really simple and easy but WOW this is all together another thing!! HELP!!!

I sent an invitation to my daugther and when she try to goint to my plan said is not posibble to identify the family address, what shall I do?

Hey @Silvia13

If you're the Family Admin, send the invite again. Let her accept the invite logged in with her own username in the app and in the website. She should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of her not being accepted.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm paying for the Premium for Family plan, but the Invite button is not showing up.  This is very frustrating.  There is apparently nobody at Spotify that you can call for help. 

Hey @dalenbergmd

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I used to belond to a family account,but every member was taken away from the plan , due to a lack of of adress update! My husband ,the "owner " of the account, hás already sent us lots of invitations, we all live together, so the adress is the same, however every time i fill in the form ( i,ve tried more de 20x), there's a mensagens saying something was wrong! We just want out premium account back!!! 

Hey @Karimeloureiro

Tell your Family Admin to send the invite again. Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website. You should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of you being left out.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, i have the same problem. I tried to invite my dad as A family member, but he has not recived ant e-Mail.

Suggested posts