Announcements

cannot invite family member

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: cannot invite family member

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @jemjimjay59

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, like you mentioned), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just upgraded to premium family few months ago - I invited two family members, but cannot invite the other two (whom, by the way) we all live in the same address. It just doesn't let them confirm the invitation I send. I tried with two different emails, and they just cannot go through

Highlighted

Casual Listener

we already did that, and still, one of the girls cannot accept and confirm. We used same address and we were working in the same network connection.

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @galantoni

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
thanks. my problem was solved. i had a letter in his email address in caps.
i corrected it and i was successful this time.

thanks.
SUGGESTED POSTS