Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot invite family member

Solved!

cannot invite family member

Hi,

recently upgraded my account to family, added my little brother, seems to work. But now I cant add my other brother. Shouldnt it be possible to add up to 4 family members? Invite button is not shown in family section of my account settings.

Best

74 Replies

Thanks, I will give it a try

I just encountered the same problem.  Need to add a family member but when I go to the screen where it directs me to invite there is no invite button displayed.  I really need to cancel my subscription?  I find that amazing.

Same Problem! This truly is bizzare... worried that I will LOSE all my playlists if i unsubscribe...

It's a mystery to me why Spotify makes this process so mysterious.  Why not a message saying that when you signed up you only specified X number of people in your family plan and now you are exceeding that limit?  Or better yet, indicate in My Account that your family plan is only for X number of people, etc.  Then allow you to change it without having to cancel your subscription.

Here's the reply I received from Spotify.  You have to cancel your account and sign up again.

--

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You mentioned that you wanted to invite more family members to your Spotify Family plan. We're here to help.

We've taken a look at your account and see that there's already been an invite sent to another user. You can't change the number of sub accounts that you selected at signup. But you can cancel the renewal of your current plan and sign up again for a different one. You don't need to wait for your current subscription to run out. Then just re-invite anyone you want to add.

If you want, we can cancel the account for you so you can re-apply for a Family plan that'll allow you to add more members. If you'd like to proceed, just get back to us with the following details:

• Date of birth on your account
  • Postal code
  • Last 4 digits of your credit card

We're sorry for the inconvenience. If there's anything else we could help you with, just reach out to us via email and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Have a nice day,

Sure we can pay for 2 months (one at old family rate and the. Again at new rate. Why do all of your competitors have 0 problems with this? I want to give you more money and you way work

Sure we can pay for 2 months (one at old family rate and the. Again at new rate. Why do all of your competitors have 0 problems with this? I want to give you more money and you way work

Where is the dislike option

Surely it's not rocket science to add in a option to change the familiy members on the account of simple default all account to having the 4 options available to begin with...I am in the same situation and if I have to unsubscibe I will be looking around at the other service offerings out there.

I clearly checked the family plan that enables me (alledgedly) to add two additional family members besides myself. However I am only permitted to add one family member. I cancelled my subscription and re-enrolled only to have the same issue again. This is beyond ridiculous. I am on the verge of cancelling altogether. Unreal. This is not rocket science Spotify. Why are there so many with this same issue and no resolve?

Seems like a clever strategy to drive Spotify users to Apple Music.

I have invited serveral family members to join my premium account that i upgraded to family. When they click the invite link they are just routed to a spotify login page. What is wrong? I have tried creating an account for my daughter but it does not accept details as it gives an error on het birthyear being 2003. Please help, i don't like paying for something that does not work.

@Zwets

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create new accounts for each (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for fb, if possible), since you'll be able to pick a spotify username / password. Using facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails you used to create your new accounts. Accept the invite and you'll be set.
Each will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Check the Terms and Conditions, as depending of your country, age restrictions apply.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just subscribed to Spotify Family and tried to invite family members to my subscription (list is still empty) and alway get the error message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again."

@Spotify, please help, the reason for the Family Subscription was actually to add family members to the plan.

Thanks.

@ice3

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if the error persists.

Each family member has to have a separate username and password. So the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for fb, if possible), since they'll be able to pick a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that, and that sometimes causes problems.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account.

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts. Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username, and you'll be set.
osorniosSpotify Star

I have invited my husband, my youngest daughter, my oldest daughter can not open her invite without getting an error message.

@user-removed

What does the error message say?

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

Can any one help me? I have a family subscription with 6 accounts which I have been using for mre than 6 months now, Initially invited 3 members leaving 2 more accounts. But now I could not manage family members even I am the owner. This is what It says when I go to my account page. "Your account is part of a family subscription, please refer to the Premium for Family owner to manage your subscription."

Hey @roligaston,

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts. In there you should be able to manage your subscription, since it's the Family Admin.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I just upgraded to a family account and when I click the invitation link I get this mesage " Cannot join Premium for Family 😞

Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan.

I tried logging in and out and nothing changes. Any ideas?

Hey @Acxpert,

Are you the one paying? If not, you should try with a different browser so it can ask for your login details again. Go to your account page and check that you have either a Free or Regular Premium account in your subscription tab.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts