Announcements

cannot invite family member

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: cannot invite family member

user-removed
Not applicable

My brother has invited me for Spotify Family, but when I click on the invation link in the mail and try to sign up, there is an error. Somebody can help me? I think it maybe has to do because my account is linked with Facebook, but I'm not sure. But it's surely very strange that I can't login with my normal mail adresse and password, only with Facebook login. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Mathies5,

Try to open a new account. That may solved your problem.
Highlighted

I had my little girls in Family Premium and last day they will be canceled by "Postal Code" wrong. They live with me!!! They has under 12 years. How can I do to solve?

Best regards

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @elbuenjulio,

If you're the Family Admin, send by yourself the link generated through INVITE WITH LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

I sent an invite to my girlfriend. FB crashed and she still can't get in. I had the same problem when she had family and I couldnt get in
Highlighted

Regular
This support sucks really hard. I can't add my family members - it worked over the last year without any problems- but since the last period all members (2) fell out of premium and cant come back.
Highlighted

Hi,
The invitation mail isnt sent to my wives email. What can I do about that?
Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Cribz111

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create a new account for her (if she hasn't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since she'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

She will now have a Free account, so the next step is for her to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the email she used to create her account. If she doesn't get it, try inviting her again from a different browser/incognito window.

If that doesn't help, she should change the email on her Spotify account, and then try inviting her again, sending the request to this new email.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
Highlighted

I can not add my wife anymore (maybe Spotify tries to tell me something). She felt out of the family members and when I invite her again it tells her that she can not be associated with the family subscription. We have the same last name and post code. This sucks really really bad since I tried everything and she can not use it to go running. Any idea? Postcode and Last Name match......

thanks! 

Highlighted

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @MarcMusico

If you're the Family Admin, send the invite again. Let her accept the invite logged in with her own username in the app and in the website. She should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly. Not doing so may be the cause of her being left out.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS