Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot remove hacker from account

cannot remove hacker from account

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Pixel/android

My Question or Issue

My spotify premium account was somehow hacked into about 3 weeks ago and this person keeps cutting off my music and overflowing it with all their own. My spotify account was created using my facebook login, and I've already changed my password and email more than once, clicked spotify's link to kick everyone off that's using it, and removed any other devices that I did not recognize as my own (even though it usually shows them as using the web player which does not show when I try to remove it), and they are STILL on my account.
Spotify doesn't seem to offer any customer service lines for me to call for help, only the links that I have already used. The only option it looks like I have is either dealing with it or deleting my account and losing all of my playlists and music I've built on for 10 years, which I REALLY do NOT want to do, that is way to much music to lose because of one person using my information and MY ACCOUNT. 

Spotify really needs to greatly improve their security because this has been driving me crazy and feels like a huge violation on my private account.

I'm running out of options, can anyone PLEASE help me?

4 Replies

Hey @bambi129, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear that you think someone gained access to your account. I'd recommend checking out this page for more info and the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That literal exact same thing is happening to me, with the overrun music and even the Web Player thing! It just happens at random times when I want to listen to music or sometimes they’re just not on my account. Spotify needs to get on this NOW

Hey there

I would reccomend cancelling your premium subscription than create a new account and just get premium on that account. You can still acess your old playlists by searching for them and than you will be more secure

Thank you!!!

Please like I am trying to get rising star

Hey @punkyneely,

Please follow the steps I provided in my last reply for some more help.

Have a great day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts