Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant change the nickname account apparently..

cant change the nickname account apparently..

i had created my old spotify account withouth facebook, and just after i linked them.
i deleted my facebook account almost an year ago and i though i had lost my spotify account forever, but actually i just found it and logged it somehow, the name got changed into numbers, probably when i deleted the fb acc(?), but seems like even if it was created withouth facebook at start in the settings i cant find the option to disconnect it from the deleted fb account and basically i cant change the name wich is now random numbers... anyone know how to solve this?

Spotify_2018-03-09_02-26-57.png
5 Replies

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account. If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account and migrate your playlists over to the new account, but this would require some assistance from Support, and isn’t recommended as it may cause future issues.

the problem is that i cant link the new facebook, cause i cant cancell the link with the old one, even if the account wasnt created with the facebook account, mmh..

Hello!
Please fill out the online contact form to create a ticket with Support. If, for whatever reason, you cannot use the form, or would prefer not to, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

thank you!

You are welcome!
Don’t forget accept as solution.
Thank you!

Suggested posts