cant control spotify from other devices

Plan Premium

Country USA

Device

Google Home, PC, Android

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I used to be able to listen to spotify on my google home and change the songs from my phone/PC while it was playing but now it always just starts playing music from whatever i'm trying to control it from, while also still playing music from the google home. It will say it is playing from my google home on my pc but as soon as I go to change songs or anything it just starts playing from whatever im trying to control it from. 

8 Replies

much help

Hey there @4-i6trhy1f_h4!

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you? It's also a good idea to log out and in again from all your devices to make sure your account is synced up properly.

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

Lastly, we just want to double check if you have the possibility to ask a friend or a family member to log in on your devices and give this a shot.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've done all this, I can't have someone else login unfortunately, but I did everything else. I noticed I can control it between my phone and my PC with no issues, once I involve the Google Home it starts messing up and not picking up that im trying to change songs and volume etc. it keeps playing on the google home but acts like a different account when I try to swap.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good to know this forum and the people on it are literally useless.

Hello

For the last 1 year i was using to listen on my google home , last wendesdy it stopped working, it says account not linked

Now i have delinked it from spotify account and tried to link it back but now Spotify does not appear in the software you can link.

I went on Spotify and it seem the voice assitant now are  siri alexa and bixby ,

I can i ask my google home to play music on spotify?

didic_0-1602403879413.png

I am also experiencing this issue. No update at all in almost 2 years? Tidal it is lol.

yeah, Spotify really doesn't care about its users anymore.

Suggested posts