Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change country

Solved!

change country

Hi,

I'm new to Spotify but I'm unable to listen to it as my country is set to US (I live in France). I don't know how it got set to the US, but I don't see any other country other than Etat_Unis in the options.

How do I change the country? Alternatively, how do I cancel and reopen my account?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Acajano and @user-removed 🙂
In order for the country to change you must have an IP address in the country you want to change to. So I can think of a couple of things to suggest before I advise you to use the contact form here (by clicking "I still need help" button) like checking to change (in case you log in with fb credentials) if you have the same country on Facebook as well (check issue like here).

If it persists you can check the ongoing issue here and post your experience to help getting it noticed by the Spotify team.

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community! Can you tell me if you have a premium subscription or are you on free?
You can check your subscription status here: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

@KatesHere wrote:
Hello and welcome to the community! Can you tell me if you have a premium subscription or are you on free?
You can check your subscription status here: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Actually I am in the same situation and I am on free.

I would like to change country from US to Italy.

Thanks

Alex

Hello @Acajano and thanks for stopping by the Spotify Community!

First of all, have you travelled in the past 14 days? If so, since you are a free user, Spotify will "think" you're traveling and restrict access after 14 days. 

Go to your Profile Page and change your details to the country you wish to move the account to. Note: You must be currently in the country for the IP address to register you can switch to this country. 

There is an article here and here you can see as well as an an ongoing issue related to changing your country details where customers can check for updates. 

Hope this was helpful!

K

Thank you K,

Actually what happened is that I activated the account when in the US and now that I am in Italy I cannot edit the Country anymore.

Is there any other way to switch it to Italy ?

Thanks so much !

Kind regards,

Alex

Hi. I'm on a free subscription.. Haven't actually used Spotify before. Just trying it out and its giving me the 14 days limit error.
Marked as solution

Hey @Acajano and @user-removed 🙂
In order for the country to change you must have an IP address in the country you want to change to. So I can think of a couple of things to suggest before I advise you to use the contact form here (by clicking "I still need help" button) like checking to change (in case you log in with fb credentials) if you have the same country on Facebook as well (check issue like here).

If it persists you can check the ongoing issue here and post your experience to help getting it noticed by the Spotify team.

K

@KatesHere
Thank you very much. My issue was that under wifi my corporate connection used an US Internet address. All sorted out since I started using an Italian IP address.

Suggested posts