Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change to my country, but keep suggested playlists?

change to my country, but keep suggested playlists?

so i have used spotify for more then two years now with the free membership program, while logging in via a VPN as spotify did not launch yet in my country.

now that it did - i am interested in purchasing a premium account, but when i change my account's country to my real country, spotify changes most of the playlists and has reset my discover queue to local music. i am VERY uninterested in hearing that or having to keep seeing suggested local playlists on my home screen, and will probably not buy a premium as spotify wont accept my (local) credit card as long as my account is set to USA. is there any option like setting localization to keep at it's current setting (USA), but get my account country correctly? Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @mshalom, welcome to the Community!

It's not possible to do what you mentioned. Your account needs to be set in the same country as the payment method you're using.

About the suggestions you're receiving, we suggest listening to your favorite tunes so you can get personalized recommendations through Discover Weekly and Release Radar.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts