Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

couldn't login to brand new account so I set up again and now cannot get 3 month premium trial

couldn't login to brand new account so I set up again and now cannot get 3 month premium trial

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Motorola

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I set up an Spotify account for my husband for his birthday. I upgraded it to Premium and entered my credit card information. It looked like it was set up but when he tried to login, the system message was 'the email address and password combination is incorrect'. I sent a message to Spotify but I got no response. So today I set up the account again - using the exact same email address and password that I used yesterday. This time he was able to login. I tried to upgrade to premium and the system message was 'It looks like you've taken a trial before, which means you aren't eligible for this offer.' I am beyond frustrated because I know I will end up getting billed for the first account that we couldn't even access. I really dislike the fact that I can't phone and talk to someone to get this fixed. I need this fixed right away and I have no way of contacting actual Spotify people. Please help!

3 Replies

Hi there @Kevin1968,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Let's clear some things together.

Most of Spotify's special offers are for new users who had never subscribed before.

As you mentioned creating a first account which seemed to work, it explains why you're getting an error message saying that you are not eligible for the offer.

There are 2 steps to be taken here:

1. Using this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details and making sure which one of the 2 accounts you've created is the one carrying the special offer

2. Once you've found the desired account, please use this help page in case you're having issues logging in

Keep me posted on your progress 🙂

The thing is that even though 'it seemed to work' we haven't been able to login to the first account! Today I set up a brand new account - using the exact same login credentials - and this is the account we can actually access. Since we can't access the first account at all I can't fix this myself. Only Spotify can fix it and I can't contact Spotify which is incredibly horrible customer service on their part. Now I will have to contact my credit card company to prevent Spotify from charging me in three months for an account that we haven't even been able to access! Isn't there any way at all to actually contact Spotify???

Hi there @Kevin1968,

thanks for replying back !

If you cannot access one of you account you can always reach out to support visiting this "About Us" page.

It leads to a variety of options of how to contact customer support.

Make sure to reply back to any automated mail you get in case you reach out to them.

Hope this helps 🙂

Suggested posts