Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cover left bottom doesn't jump to song in list anymore after update

cover left bottom doesn't jump to song in list anymore after update

hi, after latest update, clicking the song cover left bottom of the screen, doesn't make it jump anymore to the list and line where the song is playing. Please correct. Thanks!

10 Replies

Hey @Ixian, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you let me know what device this is happening on? Also, what's the software version installed on that device? 

Can you also let me know if you're referring to the Web Player or the app? 
Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, yes of course, sorry about that. Windows 10 (latest version) and the spotify app (not the web player). Thanks again, Alexis

And extra info: it now only jumps to the top of the playlist where the song is playing. In the previous version, it jumped as well to the line of the song which is playing.

Hey @Ixian

Thanks for the info. 

So, the image cover isn't expanding when you click on it anymore? Can you send me a screenshot of what you're referring to? 

Keep me updated. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi again, when clicking on the left bottom, it used to jump to the playlist AND the song you were playing by highlighting it. Now it only jumps to the top of the playlist.

I have very long playlists, so I'd like to jump again to the line where the song is playing and not only to the top of the playlist. See attached what used to work.

spotify jump to song.jpg

Hi, I received a mail that there was a solution, but can't see it here. No, I haven't chagned anything (no idea what), so it doesn't work still. Thanks again in advance for your help!

Hey @Ixian,

I've taken a closer look and it looks like this is an Ongoing Issue that Spotify is investigating. I'd recommend that you leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread for any updates.

Hopefully this get's fixed soon!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy, thanks. The other thread is from 2019-04-29. 

1) The issue I have is since latest update from 3 weeks ago

2) If it actually is the same issue, I don't have high hopes for a quick solution; it's been open for one and a half years already haha.

Thanks anyway, we will just have to accept it.

By the way, would you know the last version before this one? Or maybe even a way of downgrading to it?

Cheers again and enjoy your day,

Alexis

Hey @Ixian,

Alright. There isn't a way to downgrade to older versions of the Spotify app.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon, and make sure you subscribe to that thread for updates.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Roger that. Yes, subscribed to the thread. Cheers.

Suggested posts